Conan Gray - Kid Krow (20 March 2020) | The Popjustice Forum

Conan Gray - Kid Krow (20 March 2020)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andru, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Just discovered this song this evening and really enjoyed it so I thought I'd share! If you like Lorde, Marina and the Diamonds, Troye Sivan or Ryan Beatty then you might like this - the lyrics and sound are very reminiscent of those artists. The video is cute, if a little awkward and poorly acted, but I think that adds to the charm.

It looks like he has an EP coming out soon.

MarritS likes this.
  2. He released his new song Crush Culture last week. It's very similar to Generation Why, and the Lorde/Troye Sivan/Ryan Beatty similarities are very much alive.

3. I hadn't heard of him before, but 'Idle Town' popped up on my Discover Weekly a little while ago. I really like the songs he's released so far, I'm curious to see what he'll do next.

andru likes this.
  4. Here's the EP - Sunset Season - it includes two new songs, "Greek God" and "Lookalike". I haven't listened yet, but I love the artwork.

MarritS likes this.
  5. I'm listening to it right now, it's so good. I'm amazed he's doing this at only 19 years old.

andru likes this.
  6. I really like it too!

Here's a live version of Lookalike:

7. Wow, just found out about this boy. And he sounds like an early Lorde’s stuff and I love it. The mini album is cute.

andru likes this.
  8. andru likes this.
  9. And now I'm listening to the new version. It's so good. I really can't wait to see where this kid is going to go.

andru likes this.
    andru likes this.
  11. I was going to post that yesterday but forgot. I like it, but it's nowhere near my favourite of his songs. It lacks something the others have and feels a bit more bare?

MarritS likes this.
  12. Agreed. It's nice, but definitely not his best.

13. New song "Checkmate" - a little different to his previous tracks, especially in the chorus. Reminds me of the old pop-punk trend, but a bit softer.

@MarritS @Bogdan

CasuallyCrazed and MarritS like this.
  14. New song "Comfort Crowd".

CasuallyCrazed and Diet Pop! like this.
  15. As a fan of both Conan and BTS, seeing Taehyung name Conan as an artist who inspires him makes me so happy!

andru likes this.
    andru likes this.
  17. Synth-pop banger. You can definitely can hear some 'Style' during the chorus

18. God I love him.

Diet Pop!, nooniebao and andru like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.