Conan Gray - Superache (2nd Album) | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Conan Gray - Superache (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andru, Oct 3, 2018.

1. I know in like 2018 he tweeted about not wanting people to refer to him as gay or label his sexuality, which is like, yas, werk fluid multi-gender attracted king, be attracted to whoever limitlessly, etc. The implication in much of his work though is that he's someone with some kind of attraction to men and to see that completely erased out of his work is just..... interesting? Note-worthy? I don't know why it's happening or if it's bad it's happening but it feels obvious enough to recognize it's happening ddd.

2. People Watching is another jam! I do wish Overdrive was given more of a chance to breakout but I love the way People Watching builds which given his Gen Z appeal is a nice change of pace from the chorus in the first 15 seconds for TikTok/streaming numbers

nooniebao, enricll and andru like this.
  3. I think it's my favourite of the three newer songs. I love how much it packs into its 2 minutes and 40 seconds. I do wish there was a repeat of the chorus at the end just because it all finishes so suddenly - though that does leave me wanting to repeat it, so success, I guess!

enricll and Robbietoxic like this.
  4. nooniebao likes this.
  5. Teasing “Ur Just So Predictable” again.

Christopher and Robbietoxic like this.
  6. It’s called Telepath and it’s coming at the end of the month.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  7. Excellent! Prefer the updated title as well - I guess it was never called "Ur Just So Predictable", and this might have been how Conan titled it on TikTok to avoid revealing too much, haha.

nooniebao likes this.
  8. Conan says there's a "big announcement" coming tomorrow.

Guessing it'll be album news, or perhaps a tour?

Robbietoxic likes this.
  9. Wait, I love bulow but i've only ever listened to 1 Conan Gray song... hmmm...

10. "Telepath" out now in New Zealand.

Must admit I wasn't too sure about it to begin with, which is the first time I've felt that way with Conan's music on first listen, but by the time the bridge (which is excellent!) comes in I was totally on board.

nooniebao likes this.
    andru likes this.
  12. Very cute song, catchy. I like it a lot. Maybe I should go back and give his other music another try.

nooniebao and andru like this.
  13. It's definitely a bop but a tad generic. It also feels rushed - like they cut short parts of the song to fit a certain runtime in mind. It works and it's easy to digest but it doesn't leave a strong impression.

andru likes this.
  14. Acoustic version of "People Watching" and a cover of The Weeknd's "Save Your Tears" for Fender:

15. Okay, him changing the lyrics that explicitly say "boy" to "baby" have me convinced that his music is purposely made to be sexually ambiguous and downplay the scenario - that I thought was confirmed? - that he is, in some capacity, attracted to men ddd

16. I thought all he said was that he's not straight and he's not gay.

Honestly in a world where Lil Nas X is receiving major popularity, love, and embracing his queerness... It is just offputting to me that there is still artists who don't want to talk about it. You are singing love songs and hiding who you love, it keeps it so distant that it makes it hard to really feel relation to the music. That's just how I feel anyways. Fuck what people might think, share who you are with the world. It makes your art more connective. His dancing around talking about it is one of the reasons I can't ever commit to his stuff.

Anyways, that was a rant, sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.