Conan Gray - Superache (2nd Album) | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Conan Gray - Superache (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andru, Oct 3, 2018.

nooniebao likes this.
  2. He left off the A-plus bop Overdrive so we could have Movies? That was a choice.

Aiden likes this.
  3. I’ll be taking Disaster, Yours, Jigsaw and Memories and leaving the rest.

Sadly there’s nothing here that reaches the heights of Wish You Were Sober or Maniac.

Ferk and Aiden like this.
  4. Yeah, Family Line was a nice surprise. I'd like more of that.

Otherwise, I'm mostly keeping the pre-release tracks and calling it a day.

5. Overdrive and Telepath thankfully made the Japanese album but it makes no sense to me that they didn't make this tracklisting at all.

6. I really like the album, but it is missing some of the bops that his last album had like Wish You Were Sober.

Also, I know they have the same producer and are friends, but he and Olivia are SO similar....their writing styles, vocalizations, everything.

7. Yeah, but I’d argue that a lot of moments on Kid Krow could’ve been on Sour, and vice versa. I think it has a lot more to do with their similar influences/reference points than Dan Nigro.

HairBodyFace and computer boy like this.
  8. Underwhelming, “Disaster” gives me Charlie-Puth-demo vibes.

9. I am struggling with the album for it being a bit one note. I need to mix Telescope and Overdrive in there somewhere properly to lighten it up a bit as it's not even that the songs are bad but they really do blur together as one thing.

Aiden likes this.
  10. Disaster & Overdrive should of been the blueprint for the soundscape of the album, the rest is generally just...not it.

11. Yeah this isn’t a patch on Kid Krow for me unfortunately. Memories is a fun moody moment and Disaster (very lightly) bops but nothing here holds a candle to Maniac, Wish You Were Sober, Affluenza, Heather etc. Overdrive being MIA was a serious miscalculation.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    Robbietoxic likes this.
  12. Pleasantly surprised to see Superache at #8 in the UK’s official chart update today - hopefully it can hold onto the Top 20 by Friday. Kid Krow peaked at #30.

andru likes this.

-Jay- likes this.
  14. Top 10 debut for Superache in the US!

15. That’s insane. I really thought he was (relatively) flopping this time around. I still haven’t even listened to the album ddd. I think I noped out around ‘Jigsaw’.

Marquis and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  16. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

One listen was enough nn. He basically doubled down on everything I didn't like about Kid Krow. Best Friend in particular is mortifying. Disaster may be the alleged bop of the album but it's certainly not on the level of Maniac or Wish You Were Sober.

Family Line is quite sad and the only thing I'll be taking. Everything else is so dreary and similar.

RMK, Robbietoxic, aux and 1 other person like this.
  17. The album is…fine. But it’s so one note and…messy? I don’t know how to describe it. ‘Overdrive’ and ‘Wish You Were Sober’ remain his best.

RainOnFire likes this.

andru likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.