Confessions Tour to Air on NBC-2hr special | The Popjustice Forum

Confessions Tour to Air on NBC-2hr special

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by iamsuperpop, Jul 22, 2006.

1. PASADENA, California (Reuters) - NBC on Friday said it plans to air a two-hour concert by global pop star Madonna this November as it struggles to climb from the basement of U.S. television ratings.

from yahoo.com:

"Madonna: The Confessions Tour Live," is being taped this summer in London's Wembley Stadium, and will feature songs from the Material Girl's CD, "Confessions On a Dance Floor."

The pop singer's shows are notorious for their sexual content, and NBC said it will tape the concert and pick which songs and dances to edit from the network's broadcast.

"She is going to do her show, and we will decide which numbers are in the (TV special) and which are not, and that is whole numbers. We are not going to make piecemeal edits," Kevin Reilly, president of NBC Entertainment, told a gathering of TV critics.

Just found this and think it's very exciting, maybe this means there will be a DVD out by christmas of the show. That'd make up for not putting the full reinvention tour on dvd, I hope they just delete scenes that are too long, I'll be pissed off if "live to tell" is cut for controversy.

2. Wow. So Madonna's gonna play an exclusive show for the stoned builders in Wembley stadium? I'm sure they'll appreciate that!

3. Why can't the screen it live like everybody else does! I supose having to wait till November is better than nothing...two years on and still no Reinvention DVD.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.