ContraPoints | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

ContraPoints

Discussion in 'The Internet' started by Future Lover, Aug 27, 2018.

1. This one kinda bored me, not gonna lie. Most of her content justifies its length, but this one could have been abridged. The conversation between Justine and Virginia in particular went on much longer than it had to.

Future Lover and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  2. The ending of this one hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm 90 days sober from alcohol and the struggle depicted was artful and emotional and resonates with me so much at this crossroads.

"I'm here to remind you that for the next minute and the next hundreds of consecutive minutes that your pain is....optional." (or something to this effect) If you struggle breaking the habits of numbing yourself, this really hits. It really is that bleak of a choice, sometimes. The aftermath and struggle of choosing to quit, only for your pain and resurfacing trauma to remind you why you do it in the first place, its a cycle. Its a lot more then just 'quitting', the emotional and even physical work I've had to do to keep on track and not go insane without a very reliable coping mechanism is more then I ever imagined.

3. Yeah really wasn’t feeling this one at all.

Future Lover likes this.
  4. I feel bad for not enjoying it much either, but it does seem to be a painfully personal issue and that she hasn't been well in a while. It felt like an obligatory video per year to keep the Patreon supporters happy more than anything. The videos becoming so sporadic makes this a worse flop than if she released them as often as she did. On the flipside, "Envy" was truly one of her best. All my favorite leftie YouTubers burning out saddens me.

5. I think that’s it pretty much. It’s obviously a very personal subject for her, and it’s not like I don’t see the passion in it as a viewer. But my favorite ContraPoints videos always manage to teach me things in surprising ways I wasn’t expecting, and I don’t really feel like I learned anything from this one. Though the bit about love = yearning was engaging.

I don’t know. Wish I liked it more because she works so hard on these things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.