Cosima (listen if you like: Sade, Erykah Badu, goats, Peckham) | The Popjustice Forum

Cosima (listen if you like: Sade, Erykah Badu, goats, Peckham)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by bestinase, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Posted in the main forum a few weeks back but cruelly bumped down to make way for Lady Gaga or whatever so here's another go.

Signed to Island, from Peckham, been in development for a few years, just launched so I'm guessing they're aiming at some BBC Sound of 2017 buzz. Signed by Nick Shymansky who discovered Amy Winehouse. Her voice is literally Sade and this song is amazing.

2. I discovered her on Instagram a few weeks ago or so. Her music is stunning, and so is she. Also actual "Potential next big thing".

bestinase likes this.
  3. This is beautiful. Also, I immensely love her voice in her other song, Had To Feel Something.

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

This is quite nice. I wonder how she'll mix up the styles for an album - she's got a very interesting voice (as does Sade).

To be honest, when I saw this thread I initially thought this was Cosima from Australian Idol, who is nothing like this at all:

Touch and ThisIsRogue like this.
  5. I love the idea of adding "listen if you like:" at the title of these posts!

6. This is huge.

A&E, LE0Night and 2014 like this.
  7. A&E and Noir like this.
  8. Video is here:

Amazing. I haven't been able to stop playing this song since it premiered. It's such an addictive tune. The EP (which she's calling a mixtape for some reason?) is great as well. I feel like the Sade comparison is the most apt because she actually sounds a lot like Sade Adu in parts.

Let me do some tagging @2014 @NecessaryVoodoo @Vasilios @Andy French @backstreetjoe

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    A&E, fancygreen, LE0Night and 2 others like this.
  9. Thanks @Noir hen, am already firmly on the Cosima train after @2014 submitted Had to Feel Something in the last PJSC. Sade comparisons are correct. Just gorgeous.

A&E, 2014 and Noir like this.
  10. The entire mixtape ("mixtape") is up on VEVO with pretty visuals to go with it:

A&E, bestinase and HazMango like this.
  11. Love this girl so much. Like a good Kelela.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  12. Her voice, jesus. I checked her tumblr yesterday whilst listening to the mixtape, and even her aesthetics are on point.

A&E and Noir like this.
  13. @Andy French, this is her! You MUST listen to the whole of South of Heaven as you liked Hymns For Him.

A&E, bestinase and Andy French like this.
  14. I bought Hymns for Him last night and shall report back with my thoughts on the rest later! I love her whole "vibe".

15. We've been blessed with another slice of smooth heaven:

A&E, 2014 and Noir like this.
  16. Incredible. That should be all over Radio 2, and I mean that in the best way possible.

A&E likes this.
  17. Her visuals are really good.

A&E likes this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I'm so up for an album now please

A&E likes this.
  19. Amazing in Peckham again last night. Girl needs to get out of Peckham though. And on to, you know, releasing stuff. Or on Jools. Preferably both.

A&E and 2014 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.