Courtney Barnett - Tell Me How You Really Feel | The Popjustice Forum

Courtney Barnett - Tell Me How You Really Feel

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Feb 12, 2018.

1. It's happening!

http://courtneybarnett.com.au/

Something is coming February 15th, presumably the single "I’m Not Your Mother, I’m Not Your Bitch." which is Shazamable at the end.

Doenjang, R92, Aries and 6 others like this.
  2. xOJakeXo likes this.
  3. The first single from Tell Me How You Really Feel is out now. Full album May 18th.

4. "7. Crippling Self Doubt And A General Lack Of Self Confidence"

[​IMG]

Doenjang, Kuhleezi, 2014 and 13 others like this.
  5. Oh yes, "Nameless Faceless" is fantastic. Only Courtney could deliver those lyrics and she's incorporating even more accessible melodies. Long-awaited anthem about angry internet male commenters.

Heartthrob likes this.
  6. Oddly enough, the lyrics to Pedestrian At Best were keeping me awake last night.

'Underworked and oversexed, I MUST EXPRESS MY DISINTEREST' is such a savage line.

7. Not sure about this song. Seems like a step backwards.

8. In which Courtney goes into space.

Jwentz, xOJakeXo and Heartthrob like this.
  9. This song sounds like something I've always wanted her to do. Dramatic rock suits her well.

10. Got the red indie-exclusive vinyl today. Will listen to the enitre album shortly. I love the mirrored gatefold with the lyrics on it.

11. I love this album! It's a great follow-up to her debut and a more highly concentrated dose of her sound. Looking forward to spending more time with it and chewing on the lyrics.

12. I'm head over heels for this record. I think it's better than her debut. There's definitely less of the self-conscious quirkiness. Her charisma really shines here.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  13. This is a great album!
    Wiki describes her as psychedelic rock. Does she have anything like that or were they inaccurate?

14. I don't think that's a great description, to be honest. Her music rarely deviates from the slacker fuzzy indie stuff she's honed to excellence. The collaboration album she did with Kurt Vile is also worth checking out.

Jwentz, Doenjang, kaushik and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.