Covid-19 | The Popjustice Forum

Covid-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beautifulmorning, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Europe freaking out. Italy in lockdown. US on high alert. How are you surviving?

Future Lover and Sprockrooster like this.
  2. I mean... if you're gonna make a thread you could spell it correctly.

2014, Rem, fancygreen and 22 others like this.
  3. I know it's a very serious thing, but this song has been in my head for weeks now.

ladygagaogaga, stuaw and Sleepycat like this.
  4. By going on as normal and making sure I wash my hands?

5. Caronavirus though

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  6. By putting an extra lime slice in my Corona

7. On a music angle, I'm a li'l bit concerned about summer festivals and gigs, if I'm honest. If Ms. Corona decides to head into the warmer months then there's a good chance either a) a lot of acts will cancel touring plans altogether and b) governments will put a stop to large gatherings of people. It'll be fucking disastrous for the music industry and a lot of economies if that happens.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  8. phoenix123 and Heretic like this.
  9. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

My work made me self isolate for two weeks (still living through that) because I was in China for 8 hours a month ago. It’s fucking awful and I’ve broken literally every guideline on the NHS website which I only realised when I bothered to read that out of boredom today.

Remorque likes this.
  10. Karenovirus

Kyle. likes this.
  11. As far as I know it hasn't hit western Canada yet but with these new developments I'm second guessing my plans to travel to Los Angeles at the end of April for my birthday, especially since I plan to go to DragCon.

edit: Turns out there are more confirmed cases in British Columbia than Ontario. ddd.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  12. The common flu is more virulent and deadly than this strain of coronavirus, and the coverage of the new virus seems to have made people forget that. The people worrying about a mass quarantine or being cut off from food are doing a bit tew much

According to China's NHC, most of the fatalities (80%) were from those over the age of 60, and 75% had pre-existing health conditions like diabetes and heart disease.

13. Is that when the lady down the street won't leave me alone about her essential oils MLM so I just die?

14. As someone with an immune disease it's something I fear. I never had pneonomia, but if I would get that which is more likely with this particular virus, then it will be the end for me. 20% of tested cases develops critical conditions. So 1 out of 5.

15. Gwyneth Paltrow <3

16. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Exactly.

I understand this virus is news for a few reasons; first, its origin, which stokes xenophobic fears, second it’s a respiratory virus meaning it can spread easily, and finally it doesn’t have a ready made shot available like the flu.

However, I was reading an article on the virus this morning, and one particular sentence laid out all these fear-monger factoids only to end with the phrase “other than influenza.” I mean, really.

17. I’m off to Tenerife in 2 weeks and the hotel currently under lockdown is a 4 minute drive from where I’m staying.

Feels like a bad sign.

18. If miss Corona is gonna take me, it will take all of Paris too considering that the metro here is the perfect disease incubator. Win some lose some.

19. Contagion <3

AmericanMoney, Remorque, Sam and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.