COVID-19 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beautifulmorning, Feb 25, 2020.

1. ddd the drama of this post

2. John Lewis found rotting.

Remorque likes this.
  3. Does anyone else think Coronavirus is a good thing? I love Grimes. I think she's a very interesting artist.

VivaForever, Rem, LPT and 27 others like this.
  4. I thought this account would already have been posted but…

which one of you is this?

5. [​IMG]

Remorque, Sam, Square and 6 others like this.
  6. It is less deadly than seasonal flu at the moment, but then... seasonal flu is a known quantity, and we can predictably foresee peaks and troughs of infections, likely strains, and take preventative action.

Scientists don’t know what the fuck karenavirus is going to do after March, and when you’ve got previous like the 1918 pandemic then it’s understandable that there’s been such a robust response.

phoenix123 and Andrew like this.
  7. I hate this mess and I'm so glad to be working from home, succesfully managing to avoid all those dummies wearing face masks, deadly virus talk and what not. The groceries stores are half empty by now too.

The panic here has been reaching peak after peak and there's not a single case confirmed yet. I'm pretty sure there will be some at some point and I don't wanna imagine what's gonna happen then.

8. (spits out drink)

Charles Vingt-†rois likes this.
  9. Island

Island Staff Member

Should we all re-watch that Futurama episode where Fry has to be quarantined because he brought back the common cold after being extinct for hundreds of years?

10. 9 cases in UK, 12 cases in Iran, 12 more cases in Japan, 200 cases in 2 weeks in Italy, US calling for 300 million masks...

all this from a bat?

11. Are you like, okay?

Rem, Crisp X, Blue6010 and 23 others like this.
  12. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

One confirmed case in Brasil and the memes are great.

I'm at the point where I've read all the actual scientific and important information about it and everything else is media fearmongering, so why bother reading it?

13. That troll twitter account though... I...

14. Ahahahahahaha

15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Its now called Covid-19. Might be helpful to have the real name in the thread title if we’re going to disproportionally freak out about it.

Remorque, Sam and johnny_tsunami like this.
  16. The concern about this in the US seems so dramatic. I have crippling anxiety and even I’m not worried about it yet

ohnostalgia likes this.
    Uno, Rem, Remorque and 8 others like this.
  18. Her MARINA name change era already? Her Love + Fear is coming

19. The major issue isn't the mortality rate. It's if health care systems around the world have the capacity to take care of a sudden influx of patients, while still upholding their standard level of health care.

The mortality is probably lower than reported, since there is most likely a large amount of undiagnosed cases where the infected only have had minor symptoms or no symptoms at all.

20. I live in a country where the health system is completely shattered. So, god knows what the stats are. My only real worry is for the elderly, like my mother, since they are the ones most at risk with this thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.