COVID-19 | Page 371 | The Popjustice Forum

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beautifulmorning, Feb 25, 2020.

1. One of my colleagues was like, I’m going to Ikea this week, and when I asked why, they said just because. I bet the Swedish meatballs weren’t even on offer, unless uncooked at that food bit at the end.
    I’ve not stayed up to date with what could reopen today, but the roads and motorway were definitely picking up coming home, compared to even last Friday.

Jamie likes this.
  2. I cannot fathom wanting to go to the hell that is IKEA "just because."

Riise, lushLuck and Andrew.L like this.
  3. We're supposed to go into the next phase of reopening in Chicago in 2 days, but in the mayor's press conference about the rioting & looting, someone from the health department spoke and said the expected "If you are going to go out for any reason, Wear a mask and social distance.", and then said that it's possible with all of the people gathering in large groups that they might have to take steps back in a few weeks if cases start to rise again.

This is really just everything horrible happening all at the same time and I just hope we come out of all of this for the better.

lushLuck and Island like this.
  4. Yeah my guess would be lower viral loads are the result of social distancing, face coverings, hand washing, etc. than a mutation.

andru, Nunya B and mylesofsmiles93 like this.
  5. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

That professor guy noted above has been employed by the Daily Express as “Professor Positive” to write a column featuring good news about Covid only.

He claimed for years to have worked at Imperial College when he hadn’t, until they basically had to threaten to sue him so he’d stop saying it.

He thinks the NHS is communist.

Quack quack. (Great drag name though. Ladies and gentlemen please welcome to the stage...Karol Sikora! Because she’s what? Sickoraning!)

lob0to, Nunya B and mylesofsmiles93 like this.
  6. I'm confused and would love someone to explain this to me. Spain lifted some of their measures and now groups of up to 10 can meet (from what I've seen from a lot of my Spanish friends on social media without masks/social distancing). That's great, but if the potency of the virus has not changed, why then was there not a spike of infections/deaths? Even a small one would surely be expected? I'm really interested in this so if any of y'all have a science background or good knowledge of this then I'd love to hear your thoughts.

lushLuck likes this.
  7. SBK

SBK

We have someone moving out in 2 weeks, thought we'd found someone to replace her, we invited him round for a socially distant BBQ and drink.

It was all going great, till he got on the coke... which, doesn't bother me, but 2 hours after meeting us before you've even moved in... yeah, he was doing so well up until that point...

Back to square one on the search for a new housemate.

roblognick, Rob and lushLuck like this.
  8. Well keeping 2m apart will reduce risk of spread massively, but remember symptoms don’t show for up to two weeks, so could just be a case of a ticking time bomb...

lushLuck likes this.
  9. In the Netherlands there was a massive demonstration of thousands of people in the big square in Amsterdam for black lives matter (due to the recent events in the US).

All these white politicians now claiming it was painful to watch because of the magnitude of the amount of people in a relative small place. Sad the news mostly covers this issue now and not what they were actually protesting for.

I understand the worries of it becoming a covid-hub and one could argue it is some form of reckless. But I also feel like the amount of people in these times is probably a bigger statement than ever.

lushLuck, Kuhleezi, Jamie and 3 others like this.
  10. I GIVE THE SPANISH NEWS!!!!!

[​IMG]

JK

I'm so happy!!

New cases also seem to be going down. The government wants to ask for one more extension for the state of emergency (so until June 22nd) and is now starting to give back the reigns to the different regions. Now it's up to them to control their own area and whatnot. So expect Madrid to plunge into chaos.

dsf.png

Mushroom, aniraz, acl and 12 others like this.
  11. Meanwhile in the Uk

lushLuck likes this.

12. I'm nearly 30 and IKEA is now my favorite place to go leave me alone

aniraz, SBK, ManilaChinchilla and 5 others like this.
  13. We’re taking over Småland and I don’t care how many little kids cry about it.

14. I have to go to the dentist for a procedure tomorrow and frankly, I'm more scared than I'd usually be with cases set to spike due to Memorial Day

lushLuck likes this.
  15. @drewsky One thing I've noticed -talking especially in regards to my country- is that during each holiday that passed by during the pandemic -Easter, May 1st being the major ones- every highly ranked politician from our very own president to the Health Minister and other such officials were anticipating these huuuuge damn increases as far as cases go to the point most of us were almost terrified just hearing them repeatedly say that? And during both Easter and May 1st the cases went actually down a lil' bit. So maybe this will be the case on your Memorial Day and you take good care of those teeth as I'm almost certain not treating them might be a bigger danger longterm than this virus.

I understand everyone's fears reading through this thread but constantly thinking how we're all going to die just... wash those hands as often as possible, keep a safe distance as much and as longer as possible, wear a mask in closed spaces and chances are you and your close ones will live a long, Covid free life. I know I'm in no position to dictate what anyone should nor that's my intention but as long as we do our best and keep doing so... we gon'

Stay calm yall. I feel like the hardest has passed.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Captivated and drewsky like this.
  16. Do straight people not go to London parks or beaches?.....

17. Lo lamento.

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.