COVID-19 | Page 480 | The Popjustice Forum

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beautifulmorning, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Most of my friends have made comments and given me unsolicited and unhelpful "advice", telling me how I should basically lower my protection methods and start going out, etc., because "this is the new normal, you'll just have to get used to it", or "are you going to stay locked up forever?". My country has the highest number of deaths per capita in the whole fucking world and they're making plans to go to the mall -which, fine, the government has allowed it- but they get all judgmental on me for choosing not to go. And they say things like "you wouldn't have to be close to strangers, we'd just be among ourselves"... there is no not-awkward way of saying "I'm afraid of getting sick from YOU", so I just chuckle and make a joke, but... And they know my mom is older and that she has a host of risk factors, and their own parents have risk factors, but they seem not to give a shit. And I don't know if it's because they somehow think of themselves as invincible, or if they truly don't know much about the virus. The other day I told one of them I was afraid I got infected while doing groceries two or three days before, and she said that if symptoms hadn't appeared by then, I had nothing to worry about. And when they talk about the virus, it's like they think the only possible effects are a light cough for young, otherwise healthy people, and death for people at risk. No consideration for the possible, long lasting side effects, nothing.

Like, I get not wanting to know more about it, and avoiding news and stuff like that, I do it too; that's why I never argue with them, if not knowing (or pretending things are better than they are) helps them, I'm not going to take that away from them. But for the love of god, keep you judgments to yourself.

2. Are they all highly symptomatic? Or just getting positive tests?

More people will have had the virus during the first wave but never have been tested because they were asymptomatic.

It’s also possible that because it’s all about transmission, you might well not have known anyone with it last time because it wasn’t in your circle. But once you know someone with it, logic suggests you’re going to know more people with it.

Jamie likes this.
  3. I have a test today at 3.30 because two people i've had close contact with several times over the last week and a half, have tested positive. I'm so stressed.

Rei Ayanami, lushLuck and Stopremix like this.
  4. The Covid cases have seriously increased in Scotland since the lockdown, I cant see how they are NOT going to go into a second lockdown, I know the economy might take a hit but what other option do they have?

Rumour has it since the school are off for a week beginnign 12th October they might extend the holidays for another week.

popdorian likes this.
  5. SBK

SBK

Ride it out and normalise the death figures so when they drop below 3 digits the press can be like THE DEATH RATE IS FALLING "yay"

6. Trump and Melania tested positive for corona. Will the next debate be live-streamed from Trump's hospital bed?

ohaimanabu likes this.
  7. Ontario also adds a record new 732 cases today, with projections showing we'll be surpassing 1000 daily cases in the next two weeks. So I guess I'm officially locked in my apartment until Christmas.

I am putting in a grossly large alcohol order today...

torontodj and lushLuck like this.
  8. 934 for NI is a fucking disaster.

Ashling92 and Tiziano's Boy like this.
  9. I have to laugh, just got this email from my gym.

"Following the latest advice from the Government, from Monday 5th October members will be encouraged to wear a suitable face covering while in the gym (except when exercising).

Please wear a face covering when entering the gym, in communal areas and changing rooms, and when moving around the gym. This can be removed during exercise."

What even is the point?

Laurence, MadameX, Rob and 6 others like this.
  10. This is the actual definition of virtue signalling.

Someboy, ohaimanabu and xondus like this.
  11. Got an email saying that a hair stylist at my hairdresser tested positive the night of the 26th September...I was there the morning of the 26th. Shit! They wouldn’t say what stylist it was, I’m hoping it wasn’t mine. Everyone had masks on the entire time so hopefully spread was minimal. I have 0 symptoms but am going to go get tested as a precaution.

Laurence and lushLuck like this.
  12. It takes up to two weeks for symptoms to appear. There’s no point getting tested now in case symptoms start appear during the week

13. It really is, then people are complaining that it's just the flu and then to just reopen everything, how about no, Karen, the whole world doesn't fucking revolve around you.

14. Thank you, appreciate it.

15. [​IMG]

16. Got the test? or... the result?

17. The result, unfortunately.

Stopremix likes this.
  18. :(

Sending lots of love.

munro likes this.
  19. Thanks love! It was inevitable due to my job plus the fact cases are rising sharply in our area. It just feels like I have a bit of a cold so i'm hoping it doesn't worsen at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.