COVID-19 | Page 586 | The Popjustice Forum

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beautifulmorning, Feb 25, 2020.

1. I had my first dose of the vaccine tonight (I’m volunteering at a local vaccination centre and they’re keen to protect everyone) and it was absolutely fine!

It’s really warmed my heart to see so many elderly people coming in and getting vaccinated, some who have been shielding indoors for months now and you can just see how much it means to them. It’s quite something to see how tirelessly all of the NHS staff and other volunteers are working to get everyone vaccinated as quickly as possible, it’s so easy for that to get lost behind all of the grim figures and conspiracies.

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

They're looking to vaccinate everyone at my job, including all frontline staff, which technically includes me and my team, so here's hoping we get more news soon.

3. The one moment in the last five years we’ve not been thick as shit

yes god

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

NOT us actually being smarter than the EU countries at something for once.

France and Poland... girls, what are you doing?

Kyle., DoggySwami, Chezam and 5 others like this.
  5. My closest friend who works in the NHS had her first dose of the vaccination last week, my grandparents had theirs earlier today, and my mum who is a nurse will be having hers Monday, with my dad - who is clinically vulnerable - receiving his next Sunday. I'm happy that at least on a personal level the roll out seems quick and efficient so far, and that it seems generally it is going well too.

6. Italy not being dead last for once? I love it.

7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

phily693 likes this.
  8. This is fascinating that an Apple Watch and other fitness trackers were able to detect Covid 19 prior to symptoms or testing.

9. "Every UK adult to be offered first dose of vaccine by September - minister"

I really thought I was doing something buying concert tickets for May, huh.

10. MB

MB

Same! I can’t see any gigs happening this side of summer. The difficult thing will be rescheduling them anytime soon as venues will be booked up!

londonrain, andru and Andrew like this.
  11. Dominic Raab refusing to guarantee that everyone will receive a second dose within 12 weeks... not good enough.

michaelhird and Andrew like this.
  12. Which, under the government's current rollout plans, translates to "every adult to be fully vaccinated by January 2022" but that doesn't sound as snappy.

ohnoitisnathan, londonrain and Dennis like this.
  13. I know this isn’t possible for everyone but I’ve found keeping my phone away from me when I’m sitting around has reduced the amount of doom scrolling I’ve been doing during this (third!) lockdown.

It’s scarily easily to get carried around with crunching the data and reading first hand accounts of everyone’s experience with Covid so much so it can make you anxious for days.

14. I won't speak on this tournament on whether it should be played but I will say I'm kind of proud of how all the professional leagues in the US have now been able to run successful seasons (NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, NASCAR, MLS, PGA, NCAAF) and there have been a small percentage of positives but officials have said none of come from the actual play always from team meetings, etc. - they have tight protocals in all cases, no fans or very limited fans at the events, and when there is a positive test quarantining and postponements when necessary. I think it has been a great source of entertainment for those who do enjoy sports and have been stuck at home during this.

Jamie likes this.
  15. Yes I love soccer and I think it's massive morale boost for a lot of people to have it going on - particularly when they have the money to follow all of the COVID safe protocols without taxpayer assistance.

DJHazey, itylts and Andrew like this.
  16. SBK

SBK

Key word is offered.

By early summer we'll probably be receiving letters "We'd like to invite you for your Covid-19 vaccination, please call to book your August 2022 slot"

Sam, Blue6010, ohnoitisnathan and 3 others like this.
  17. The Australian government has been absolutely rubbish at helping their citizens abroad. They're rubbish in a lot of things but to expect Australians stuck overseas to have the huge amounts of money that airlines are asking for to fly into Australia is classist.

LPT likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.