COVID-19 | Page 616 | The Popjustice Forum

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beautifulmorning, Feb 25, 2020.

1. There is no point giving specific dates for things, there could be too many things that happen between now and then (new variant, supply of vaccine drops) which could knock the dates out completely. I understand optimism but why give people false hope when she cannot guarantee it actually happening? She is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't because even if she did give dates and then they didn't happen people would be angry at her for giving those dates to begin with.

stuaw likes this.
  2. Gosh, I’ve never seen her getting so torn to shreds on social media.

I hope she doesn’t look at her Twitter or Facebook comments today.

stuaw and MadameX like this.
  3. The bigger cities will always be treated more harshly under the levels system because the Government compare them to other less densely populated councils. Level 3 is essentially Lockdown with limited hospitality openings.

It will be extremely damaging to my mental health to see areas in England fully reopen when places in Scotland with lower infection rates remain largely closed.

Lost In Japan. and HolyWater like this.
  4. The only reason we got dates is that Tory backbenchers were kicking off behind the scenes, let's be real. Nicola doesn't have the same domestic pressure from her party to get things going, I suspect that is why she is being more cautious.

5. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but knowing it's going to be at least another two months before anything changes for me is discouraging to say the least.

6. She did.

lushLuck and DoggySwami like this.
  7. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I know this thread can be bleak but do we really need to add in disturbing content?

ManilaChinchilla, acl, Rob and 24 others like this.
  8. They say 65+ will be able to get their dose here in Maine, starting next week. My parents just make it, one of them who has irregular heartbeat and the other with diabetes&hyperthyroid so they're more at risk of severe illness. So I'll be relieved when they get theirs.

djmakemewet likes this.
  9. Likewise! I understand why these decisions have been made (I wasn't expecting much different) but it's still disappointing to hear. So badly want to move on with my life. I hope for the best in the coming months in regards to progress. Hopefully the vaccinations can make enough of a difference.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 4:47 PM
  10. MB

MB

In the UK today vaccine wise 192,341 first doses and 18,463 second doses so more than yesterday but still way off where we were. Matt Hancock said that it'll start ramping up again next week after delays with production. Let's hope so.

tyrabnks and xondus like this.
  11. I'd forgotten about this as I was so surprised to see such clear dates laid out so clearly and, relatively, so soon in the timeline. My pessimistic brain had the "data not dates" rhetoric in my head and I'm sure it was said social distancing would be around until the end of 2021 in some form so it was a real surprise! Hopefully the ultimate relaxation date in June will occur as it's cruel to dangle a carrot and take it away.

Jamie likes this.
  12. Just when you think things can't get any worse on the EU vaccine front...

I am actually so, so done at this point.

13. I wouldn't worry too much. Yes, it sucks for the EU, but we're still getting half of those doses and we have other vaccines approved (Pfizer and Moderna) with more coming down the line (J&J).. I think the EU should focus more on following the UK route and just start giving those first doses to everyone and worry about the second ones down the line.

I think summer is everyone's goal for this to be (mostly) over, so I doubt being a few million doses short will put an end to that plan.

LPT, Tracy Jacks, Conan and 1 other person like this.
  14. Only getting 130 million doses instead of the 300 million doses they ordered is... ridiculous. I hope Astra Zeneca gets their ass sued off by the EU once this is over.

15. RJF

RJF

The tone of the thread is weird. I'm not sure what else people were expecting in Scotland when it has been far more cautious in almost every way when it comes to restrictions. England getting exact dates and promising nightclubs being open again in four months seemed like madness yesterday, so I'm not surprised that we're not moving ahead as quickly. England has also largely paid the price for enforcing restrictions slower and lifting them faster.

Y'all can't be disgusted someone didn't stay two metres away from you in Tesco when you were getting apples last week and then be similarly disgusted that you aren't going to be walking around the same Tesco maskless by June.

LPT, lushLuck, Gabeee9292 and 22 others like this.
  16. Pfizer and Moderna coming through with even more supply to the US after a "sluggish start." Maybe I will be vaccinated next month

17. Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 8:51 PM
    MB likes this.
  18. They’re upgrading the factories or whatever right? I believe they had already mentioned it

Probably bullshit but I want 2 believe

MB likes this.
  19. SBK

SBK

Empty Shoebox, tyrabnks and MB like this.
  20. Apparently. Moderna is supposed to be starting their deliveries to Britain from March so this will hopefully help.

MB likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.