COVID-19 | Page 657 | The Popjustice Forum

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beautifulmorning, Feb 25, 2020.

1. I'm in Liverpool for work at the moment though honestly I'm sure this was every city in the UK over the weekend but I was walking out to pick up food on Saturday night and it just reminded me of walking down the strip in Tenerife minus the bar reps enticing you in for deals. Without indoor spaces, it's all - obviously - spilling out onto the streets. It was the first weekend back I guess but it filled me with a lot of anxiety of just being around people.

It was so weird because it was nice to see people getting back to (albeit drunk) normal but also - we're still very VERY far from normal times.

smellycat, lushLuck, JMRGBY and 2 others like this.
  2. This is exactly how I felt at the weekend too. It reminded me that it's going to take me a while to really get comfortable being around so many people again. I have massive issues with the British attitude to alcohol anyway so didn't go to the pubs but with everyone out in the street it was hard to avoid. I do hope that this is the start of normality returning though.

JMRGBY likes this.
  3. Me and my partner both got our second Maderna shots last night and both have almost all of the symptoms. I know it’s worth it but it is really really rough at the moment.

4. The situation in India is so fucking dire.

I’ve got family in Pakistan so there’s a massive worry the situation will spill over to parts of Pakistan in time.

LPT and CaliDevotion like this.
  5. I definitely feel the same here in London. I met a friend on the weekend in central to have a socially distanced drink and it was incredible seeing people back out and enjoying themselves. The sunshine added so much to my mental health and happiness, giving back that feeling of a little bit of normality.

On the other hand, there will always be people who take it too far. It made me so anxious seeing groups of people on the tube without masks on so they could drink their beer. Also, seeing the gorgeous flowerbeds at Embankment being trampled by people and covered in litter was grim.

lushLuck, Conan, Jamie and 1 other person like this.
  6. London hunties, the NHS Stratford vaccine centre is doing walk in appointments until 6:30 today.

LPT, Andrew.L and Heretic like this.
  7. Dang, if I lived closer and could get out of work at short notice I’d be there in a heartbeat. Hope others can make use of it!

Heretic likes this.
  8. My mum is getting the AZ vaccine on Thursday...what's the best advice to reduce symptoms, is it to take paracetamol before the vaccine or?

9. I'm no medical expert, but I thought you weren't supposed to really do anything about the side effects unless they're serious?

jtm, Aester and relby like this.
  10. Hydrate hydrate hydrate. I drank Pedialyte before and after getting the shot and the only symptom I had was a sore arm

Suburbia, Ashling92 and Heretic like this.
  11. Got told on Monday that I’d receive the time and date of my appointment for my vaccine in 72 hours but it could take up to two weeks. I’m honestly relieved that I’m getting it so soon.

Heretic likes this.
  12. Scottish hunties, we can order the rapid flow tests now.

13. Has everyone had their vachine?

StratusJM, Mr.Arroz, andru and 7 others like this.
  14. She shouldn't take it before, because it can lower the immune response to the vaccine. She can take it after, though, if she has symptoms.

relby, Future Lover and Ashling92 like this.
  15. tea

tea

I read that "government's pandemic response is like how they prosecute criminals, fighting people rather than the actual virus" and I can't stop thinking about it.

Conan and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  16. Today was my first day back at the office full-time since mid-March 2020. It was kinda nice to be around other vaccinated people and share ideas in-person rather than over Zoom.

17. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Not Gavin catwalking his way around California with the lowest positivity rate in the continental US, just in time to brush off that recall.

lushLuck, CaliDevotion and Jamie like this.

18. This feels incredibly ill-advised? People are still dying, I don’t think anyone needs or wants a “teehee imagine if COVID turned people into zombies” kiki?!

19. Outside of how poor taste that it is, it looks so hilariously bad. They really were going for some Shaun of the Dead type of situation, but instead looks like it was done by bad film college students.

20. Almost 600,000 people have died in the U.S. alone. Like.

heavymetalGAGA, tea, Mr.Arroz and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.