COVID-19 | Page 67 | The Popjustice Forum

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beautifulmorning, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Thanks for the expert advice!

Sprockrooster and pmas like this.
  2. aux

aux

In Sevilla, they were literally throwing Coronavirus club nights. Selling 2 for 1 Corona beers. The tagline was literally "Infect yourself with us."

3. Sam

Sam

Thanks for your concern ya little cunt x

stuaw likes this.
  4. He

He

But there is ample evidence that Asian countries are doing fine because their timing and preparedness worked: Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Japan, and the rest of China.

Flattening the spread is what they need to do, as you say, but I do not see how less restrictive measures can achieve this, now that they're past initial containment.

Espeon and Kuhleezi like this.
  5. Distasteful, but expected. I wonder how Corona (the beer) is doing business wise. I'd be all over a Pinot Noir-virus.

6. Man wears giant cardboard disc to enforce distancing:

[​IMG]

He's in trouble if it gets gusty.

Remorque, LPT, Lapras and 7 others like this.
  7. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Oh fuck I’m not safe after all then

8. Ours are open too. I wasn't sure about it but in the past twenty minutes the Acceptable Face Of Naziism has said that they should shut, so I guess that we should probably leave them open.

9. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Aside from the pressing public health concerns and realities, if anyone is worried about other societal collapse scenarios for themselves or any vulnerable/elderly people in their life, in the UK you can sign up for the Priority Service Register for electricity so that you’re the first person they check in on in the event of a power cut (unplanned or planned). And dial 105 to report a power cut!

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/...rvices/priority-services-register-people-need

Alphableat and Empty Shoebox like this.
  10. In the UK the schools are going to close at some point anyway. It seems redundant to be arguing the case against school closures when it’s bound to happen in the near future. Like in a few weeks we’ll have the Easter holidays, so all of the problems with children potentially infecting relatives etc will be prevalent then anyway.

11. Hello logic.

12. I get seasonal allergies this time every year which includes shortness of breath. I am anxious about confusing seasonal allergies with coronavirus symptoms especially since some patients have experienced shortness of breath. My job temporarily has us on hold so I'm going to stay indoors for as long as possible.

lob0to and OspreyQueen like this.
  13. They’re literally barely testing anyone now. My boyfriend is an A&E doctor and just sent me this. The new policy to now only test people who will be admitted. Anyone else, no matter how likely it is they have Covid-19, will not be tested.

It’s blatant manipulation of the figures to make the govt response seem effective.

Attached Files:

Mr.Arroz, aniraz, lob0to and 7 others like this.
  14. Yeah I don't buy the healthcare provider justification for not closing schools.

How many children in this country have a healthcare provider for a parent? Someone said 3-5% earlier?

How many of those children don't have a second parent who isn't a healthcare provider?

How many of those children are too young to look after themselves for the length of a shift or have older siblings who can?

How many of those children don't have aunts or uncles or family friends who can care for them?

Surely a tiny, tiny amount, and even those children are statistically unlikely to have contracted the virus, so staying in isolation with their grandparents is probably safe.

But worst case scenario, Grandma and Grandpa contract it and it doesn't spread further than that because the family isn't having close contact with anyone outside themselves.

I don't see how any of this paints the current situation is a better alternative.

acl, Rem, Blond and 2 others like this.
  15. Ddd that Japan’s approach has just been to not test anyone.

16. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Welp I'm officially work from home for at least the next two weeks, potentially a month.

At least Animal Crossing is coming out in

17. This was announced at the press conference yesterday. The figures aren't anywhere near an accurate representation of where we're at anyway. Yesterday they also said there are between 5000 and 10000 with it in reality.

18. Not everyone has someone who can look after their kids for them

19. Yes I think I covered that in my post and my point still stands

Edit: Is it really likely that a single parent with literally no childcare arrangements is working in healthcare, though? Do you get many Mon-Fri 9:00-14:30 positions as a doctor or nurse? Genuine question, it seems very unlikely to me to have such a cushy schedule with a job like that.

toby3000 and Carlo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.