COVID-19 | Page 736 | The Popjustice Forum

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beautifulmorning, Feb 25, 2020.

1. I went to camp all week last week with 70 kids. No distancing, everyone hugging everyone and acting like COVID didn't exist. On Friday I started coughing really bad and yesterday I had slight problems breathing. Today I've lost my sense of smell and taste.

[​IMG]

Well, at least I can stay home for the next few days and really get into the new Animal Crossing update and listen to Red on repeat for hours on end.

Dangerous Maknae and Andrew like this.
  2. SBK

SBK

They're literally just watching the third wave slowly increase, I wonder what their threshold is. The overall trend is upwards, there's no denying it. I can see it peaking in January again post Xmas after we've all gone home to kill off granny.

lob0to likes this.
  3. So today at work, I had a job I needed to be covered that was in a care home.
    So I had to ask some of my staff who was double jabbed/who wasn't so I knew who I could send.

The amount of them who said they weren't jabbed at all shocked me - all because they've heard 'weird things' about it. Sigh.

4. SBK

SBK

Yeah, 100s of millions of people aren't getting life-threatening Covid anymore - weird.

5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

6. Wait I have this, I didn't know there was an actual term for it.

Since October 2020 everything smells awful.

spaceship likes this.
  7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I'm so sorry to hear that, boo. I can only imagine what that's been like. It says a lot that there isn't just life/death with COVID, and even after contracting it there are byproducts that rob a lot of people of what they had before. I hope you're coping well and have a good support system.

K94, spaceship, Laurence and 2 others like this.
  8. Thank you! I've kind of learned to live with it and have changed my diet to avoid foods that trigger the smells (most dairy products smell mouldy). I read a few articles about scent therapy exercises to train your nose to recognise old scents but it hasn't really worked. Hopefully as research into long covid continues, they'll find a way to sort it but i'm not very hopeful.

LPT, K94, Aester and 4 others like this.
  9. SBK

SBK

I don't think people realise how important your sense of smell is. I lost mine a few years back for a while and it was awful. Luckily it slowly came back, not sure what I would have done if it hadn't come back. I read up on how to get it back at the time and came across lots of stories of it leading to depression and suicide.

10. Yeah I had Covid just after Christmas last year and while thankfully I got my taste and smell back, ever since certain smells and foods trigger this really foul, almost metallic odour.

11. With over 19.000 new cases being reported on a daily basis in Belgium, our government decided it was time to to take action … and promptly recommended the population to wear masks more.

[​IMG]

12. I'm getting my booster today. It gave my fiancé the worst side effects, so I'm a bit nervous as I felt terrible after the 2nd dose.

13. kal

kal

What are you getting? I’m gonna get the Moderna shot tomorrow.

14. Pfizer, which is the same one I had earlier this year. Apparently there's a shortage or supply problem with Pfizer and pharmacists are being encouraged to offer Moderna.

kal likes this.
  15. kal

kal

I’m an AstraZeneca girl getting boosted with Moderna. We love diversity.

xondus likes this.
  16. I had my Pfizer booster a few weeks ago, after having AZ previously. Felt slightly delirious for a few hours that night, but got over it quickly. The flu jab however knocked me for six and I couldn’t go to the gym for 10 days as I felt so rough.

17. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I’m sick and tired of anti-vaxxers and anti-vaccine passport protestors comparing our government to the fucking Nazis and then having the audacity to carry placards with SWASTIKAS on them! Some of them were also carrying the Star of David on them, i.e. comparing themselves to the Jewish people who were killed in WWII, this was during an anti-vaccine passport in Belfast today, the fuck????? How fucking low do you have to be to do this? I’m sick and disgusted.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  18. SBK

SBK

Had my 3rd jab this week. The arm ache seems to get worse with every one. Might have to switch arms for the 4th...

19. Am I one of the rare folks that has carried on wearing a mask in shops and indoor spaces? I just don't trust people, some are so damn nasty.

spaceship, HolyWater, lob0to and 4 others like this.
  20. Sorry about my post earlier on, maybe I was overreacting a wee bit, but it really fucks me off when cunts like those anti-vaxxers and my cousin especially think our governments are Nazis just for trying to put in restrictions and vaccine passports to help slow down the spread of COVID, it really makes me think who I am friends with, I’ve cut some of my friends off due to their views (anti-vaccine, pro-life, etc.), thinking of cutting contact with my cousin completely, he’s just an asshole and he’s not taking anything seriously at all.

Conan and elusive_chartreuse like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.