COVID-19 | Page 785 | The Popjustice Forum

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by beautifulmorning, Feb 25, 2020.

1. I got it (6 weeks ago) after going out to this bar we always went to every Saturday except this was the first night bars were allowed to have loud music. So of course people would come closer to be heard etc.

2. My brother tested positive Monday, my dad yesterday, now me and my mum this morning. Feeling fine, just really tired so hoping it stays that way.

3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I hope you all feel better and your loved ones too. The rate at which people are being diagnosed right now is just…eye-widening.

tea, R92, fancygreen and 2 others like this.
  4. I'm getting way ahead of myself since I'm only on day 3 but people that had it how did ye find going back to any kind of exercise routine? I would have always been active got to the gym maybe 2 or 3 times a week. I know I'll have to ease back to that but have other people who had it been able to get back to old exercise routines quick enough?

5. I’m probably not the only one a bit annoyed and worried about the thought of nearly everyone not even wearing masks in Tesco’s and the like? Since the mask restrictions have been lifted, hardly anyone is wearing them, only something like 10% of people have been wearing them in shops and it’s fucking worrying me. I still wear mine all the time, my sister’s boyfriend doesn’t wear his anymore and it’s kind of pissing me off now.

ModeRed likes this.
  6. kal

kal

I just realized I’ve lost my sense of smell and I’m freaking out a bit. I thought smell & taste were linked, and didn’t notice a loss of smell due to the horrendous congestion in the past 3 days, but I figured I’m all good because I can taste food just fine. Nope. Fuck.

Okay, 12 hours later I can actually smell things. Thank goodness.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    Jordtayylor and Mr.Arroz like this.
  7. We're one week of going back 'to normal' kinda and of course we are supposed to work at the office more - guess what happened?

Colleague 1 was in the office Monday. Sick the rest of the week and tested positive on Thursday. Colleague 2 was in the office the whole week, sick over the weekend and tested positive too. So much for going back to the office, huh! I tested negative, just to be sure, because I had it during Christmas. But I hope I won't get reinfected of course. This way, it will be hard...

8. kal

kal

Is this the lost verse to Every Heart Broken by Sugababes?

acl, Entropy, popjunkie and 18 others like this.
  9. Weird to think that two years ago this was our last “normal” week.

Feels more like 4 years.

Milotic, tea, R92 and 18 others like this.
  10. It’s crazy reading the first few pages of the thread again. Seeing so many jokes about it. I was the same though. None of us ever thought or could’ve imagined how the next 2 years would’ve unfolded.

tea, michaelhird, ModeRed and 6 others like this.
  11. kal

kal

Even more weird that I managed to avoid this thing for almost 2 years, only to catch it after 3 vaccinations and for my quarantine to end literally on the day where we reach 2 years into the pandemic.

The sense of finality and coincidence is unnerving.

12. Even if the government want to put an end date to this pandemic, it will continue to rage on which is the most infuriating thing. While I agree to some degree we need to learn to live with Covid, absolutely nothing had been done or put in place to actively protect the most vulnerable people as we live with the virus. It’s just so fucking gross.

Nigel, tea, The_Rani and 5 others like this.
  13. SBK

SBK

I believe the war in Ukraine has accelerated the UKs return to "normality"...

The news are barely reporting on anything but the war, so Covid is not in people's minds... most people aren't wearing masks any more, no ones talking about boosters or testing any more... I'll be very surprised if there's not another wave later this year.

ohnoitisnathan, lob0to and Andrew like this.
  14. Malaysia has just announced that its border is to be (properly) reopened from April 1st and it's such a good feeling

Humanracin and Jordtayylor like this.
  15. All my friends have it right now or have had it these past two weeks.

16. Hmmm. This not only feels horrifically counter-productive (and violent), but my Spidey senses fear the way this will just further fuel anti-vaxx conspiracy theories; if the vaccine was so necessary, countries wouldn't restrict it as punishment, etc.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    Tiziano's Boy, tea and Lost In Japan. like this.
  17. We‘ve been all back at work since Monday and guess what, we already have the first Corona case and everyone is working from home for the next few days ddd.

Mr.Arroz, DoggySwami and ModeRed like this.
  18. I’ve had a few more trips to the office this last month - still amazed at how few people mask up on the train compared to pre Christmas. It’s as if they think it’s all over or something, despite being stuck in a badly ventilated tin can for an hour…

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.