COVID-19

Sending you love. Hope your family are ok. It’s a worry on mine that my Mum gets it again. I do think cases seem “stronger” these days because our vaccines strength is waining.
Thanks for that, appreciate it. I'm just in shock at the moment and trying to process it, while feeling completely useless that I can't be there to help. They're in the seventies and eighties and already have enough age related health issues without this. Fingers crossed things improve. Best wishes to you and your mum.

Reactions: MB
Thanks for that, appreciate it. I'm just in shock at the moment and trying to process it, while feeling completely useless that I can't be there to help. They're in the seventies and eighties and already have enough age related health issues without this. Fingers crossed things improve. Best wishes to you and your mum.
My Mums in her mid seventies and got it in January and I felt the same as you, completely useless. I got various care packages of vitamins/cold and flu supplies etc from Amazon and also a food shop and just checked in as much as possible. They’ll know you’re there and doing what you can! Hopefully your folks will fight there way through it, my Mum had a couple of really bad days but pulled through so I’m sure yours will as well.
I know my Mum has recently been contacted saying if she tests positive she can get new treatments so it would be worth them (or you) contacting their GP to get some? If you haven’t done already. My Mum also got sent a free box of lateral flow tests last week as well. Not sure if any of that helps but thought I’d mention it.

He/they
Woke up with an awful cough this morning after a couple of days with a bad cold. Positive lateral flow. Don’t think I’ve felt this unwell in years!

I still feel tired all the time since having covid in February. Glad my light headedness is starting to go though.

They/them, he/him
I’m on day 4 of self isolation and I’ve noticed a improvement in my condition. My throat doesn’t feel like it has rocks and glass shards in it anymore. I still feel exhausted and my voice is still very hoarse and croaky- so I have to rest it as much as possible. But I’m grateful that I appear to be on the mend.

I'm finally negative. Don't feel anywhere near 100% though. What a rough week, I consider myself to be a fairly healthy person so quite shocked it knocked me down so hard.
@lob0to I've been thinking of you. How are your family doing?

I'm finally negative. Don't feel anywhere near 100% though. What a rough week, I consider myself to be a fairly healthy person so quite shocked it knocked me down so hard.

Let us know if you have any persistent symptoms. I've been negative for a week now, but still have a croaky throat and a bit of fatigue that doesn't seem to be shifting.

He/Him
I got my second booster yesterday and the CVS pharmacist truly wasn’t lying when she said “this second booster hits hard with the flu symptoms”.

Glad to hear you're testing negative. It probably will take a while for your body to fully recover. I had it back in 2020 and it knocked the hell out of me, took me a good 2 months of yo-yo recovery. One day I would feel better, then the next I'd be exhausted and sleeping for 14 hours. Rinse and repeat, felt like it was never going to end.

Just spoke to my mum on the phone. They're still not great but coping apparently. Thankfully her voice sounded a lot better than it had been. It had attacked her voice box as well as her chest and she sounded like she'd been sucking on a helium balloon while smoking 60 a day. Would have been funny if it wasn't so serious. Just got to hope the vaccines do their job and keep them out of too much trouble.

Take care, hope you're feeling better soon.

What is it with boomers and ‘the sooner we stop testing, the better’.

1 of my work colleagues is off sick with Covid and my boss is actually annoyed that she isn’t in the office to work. Another colleague has a cold and is in the office working and when I said he should be home working so as to stop him spreading it, I was told to stop being ridiculous. He only took a Covid test cause I went nuts at them for even suggesting not to bother testing.

How are we at this point 2 years on where people still don’t get it.

They/them, he/him
Having to explain to my boss that I’m still testing positive less than a week after contracting the damn virus and that I’m in no way fit to work. Sigh.

I went for an additional PCR test and for some blood tests as part of the vaccine trial I am part of yesterday and I was exhausted by the time I got back to the apartment. And that was an hour. I work six hour shifts lugging heavy boxes from a warehouse to a shop floor- there is no way I’m in any way strong enough to work.

So confused. I developed a slight cough on Sunday so I did a test and it came back negative. Slept terribly that night and woke up blocked up, really tight chest and coughing, so did another test on Monday morning and gradually returned a really faint positive line.

The last couple of days I've had the cough, congestion, sweats, lethargy and was running a temperature last night, but I've just done two antigen tests (by two different manufacturers) and they are both negative? So it seems I've gone from a faint positive to a negative within two days despite feeling horrendous. Does the negative antigen mean I might not be contagious? But then, I had a fever last night, which I think used to be the metric for contagiousness?

Now I'm questioning if I saw the faint line, but I definitely did. Unless it was a false positive and I just have a really bad regular flu? Not sure has anyone else experienced this messiness.... Also I had Covid in start of December and it was beyond mild, but even with that I still presented a clear positive the first time I felt a need to test myself.

Our state is one of the most triple vaccinated places on the planet, we have reached our peak, everyone was expecting our Premier to announce the mask mandate was ending yesterday... and he has kept it in place.

I am so tired

Our state is one of the most triple vaccinated places on the planet, we have reached our peak, everyone was expecting our Premier to announce the mask mandate was ending yesterday... and he has kept it in place.

I am so tired
Wanna switch? We’re barely at 30% of the population being vaccinated, (with zero indication of that number growing any more) and most restrictions have now been lifted.