Currents/I Like It When/Vega Intl: The 1975 Write Up

30l2heh.png

Welcome to the Tame Impala/Neon Indian/The 1975 rate! Although these groups might not be that similar in theory, I promise you that I didn’t just put my Spotify on shuffle. With all of their most recent releases, each group shifted their sound and aesthetic to a more playful, colorful, and 80’s inspired album. Currents saw Tame Impala leave The Beatles inspired psychedelic rock for a more synthpop/vaporwave sound. Neon Indian went more mainstream with disco and funk on Vega Intl. Night School compared to his earlier chillwave work. The 1975 went from a black and white aesthetic rock group that plays on automated Tumblr pages to a more ambitious and diverse style on I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful yet So Unaware of It. I definitely appreciate the variety of influences and styles on these and would wish more bands would take note.

SSLN8Rcj9DCrjpbce5oFHfBOC_WAhMfzDauva9OPAzh-novGJwHJJamOgCnCuiYthGgxfXY0XHgw4EATLE9wRsXHZ07oXL-HRMkYWpCgp6uy9r8uVz4uJ4edetz9ylXBRI5td3O-

Currents | Tame Impala

Release date- 17 July 2015
What you know them from- Although Lonerism is huge among the Reddit music fandom, Kevin Parker has atoned for any potential neckbeard following and has started to work with more pop musicians, like Rihanna on Same Ol’ Mistakes, and Lady Gaga on Perfect Illusion.
Tracklist:
Let It Happen
Nangs
The Moment
Yes I’m Changing
Eventually
Gossip
The Less I Know the Better
Past Life
Disciples
‘Cause I’m a Man
Reality in Motion
Love/Paranoia
New Person, Same Old Mistakes
List of People (To Try and Forget About)
Powerlines
Taxi's Here

_6qecWZPoetGjYPM0jW1aV7xh0V4B26pWsTlEJuX5AkZ8pMh_ugRnWuA4gc3uo0f2oyHgdY4VXmztZiPD6xok1PTxCJBFM9x6uFqcZyqjWtUU47SdPpkZOzfadBBemaVg68jNc7Q

Neon Indian | Vega Intl. Night School
Release Date:
16 October 2015
What you know him from- Well, let’s just say they don’t call his label “Mom + Pop” for nothing. Described by Buzzfeed as “The sort of glamorous nightlife you imagine other people are enjoying while you're at home watching Netflix or reading a book.”
Tracklist:
Hit Parade
Annie
Street Level
Smut!
Bozo
The Glitzy Hive
Dear Skorpio Magazine
Slumlord
Slumlord’s Rerelease
Techno Clique
Baby’s Eyes
C’est la vie (Say the Casualties!)
61 Cygni Ave
News from the Sun (Live Bootleg)
Smiley Sticker

1btvYKsD4M7rn6hYlbDvjiAjR9s4434exzRuJ_GuuQH9DKRvYiPj-V6zfflMn0Jp3rHfmgAcayVkcKzP2nr621ouNf5JTfi3EMyFP1CSFYkh5gmf4enxilwgJE1rl7OSiK_hoVaa

The 1975 | I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful yet So Unaware of It
Release Date: 26 February 2016
What you know them from
- Hating Shania, the music that plays on the TVs at Target, emphasizing they’re not just a boy band, unmentionable activities at the Brit Awards.
Tracklist:
The 1975
Love Me
UGH!
A Change of Heart
She’s American
If I Believe You
Please Be Naked
Lostmyhead
The Ballad of Me and My Brain
Somebody Else
Loving Someone
I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful yet So Unaware of It
The Sound
This Must Be My Dream
Paris
Nana
She Lays Down
How to Draw

5y7x4.png

Rules
- Rate all the songs with a score between 0-10.
- One song, and one song only, can receive an 11.
- Decimal points are allowed, but don’t take the piss.
- Commentary is more-than welcome!​

Voting is open from now. DEADLINE FOR VOTES IS DECEMBER 17th. I know many people are busy with holidays and finals and rates and other obligations around that time of the year, so just ask if you need an extension!

Interludes/Etc:
These albums have a few interludes and other experimental songs. Personally, since they’re not just speaking or 18 seconds of blank audio, I wouldn’t mind including them but I can see why others would want to skip them over. It’s a niche rate but I don’t want to hurt participation more. I might just have a minigame at the beginning of the rate like @Kuhleezi 's Tinashe rate did unless if you want me to include them. It’s 47 tracks with/41 without so yeah.
Interludes are in italics.

Let It Happen
Nangs
The Moment
Yes I’m Changing
Eventually
Gossip
The Less I Know the Better
Past Life
Disciples
‘Cause I’m a Man
Reality in Motion
Love/Paranoia
New Person, Same Old Mistakes
List of People (To Try and Forget About)
Powerlines
Taxi's Here

Hit Parade
Annie
Street Level
Smut!
Bozo
The Glitzy Hive
Dear Skorpio Magazine
Slumlord
Slumlord’s Rerelease
Techno Clique
Baby’s Eyes
C’est la vie (Say the Casualties!)
61 Cygni Ave
News from the Sun (Live Bootleg)
Smiley Sticker

The 1975
Love Me
UGH!
A Change of Heart
She’s American
If I Believe You
Please Be Naked
Lostmyhead
The Ballad of Me and My Brain
Somebody Else
Loving Someone
I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful yet So Unaware of It
The Sound
This Must Be My Dream
Paris
Nana
She Lays Down
How to Draw

Last edited:
I had been meaning to give Vega a shot last year but it never happened, and I like it... was my personal favourite of last year.

I'm not a fan of Currents though, soz.

If 1975 are anything like our other 2 featured artists here I am sure that I will like them and I am in this.

Are they anything like Chain Gang Of 1974? because I have just gotten in to them this whole year.

How's everyone doing? I'm almost done with the graphics. I haven't really done any prolific tagging yet and I don't think I've ever submitted a score before the 48 hour mark, but what do y'all think?