Curse Of Eurovision.... | The Popjustice Forum

Curse Of Eurovision....

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by NoJusticeJustPop, Oct 22, 2006.

1. I can see why we don't get any quality acts for Eurovision in the UK - If you go on the show and lose (Or even win!) your career is over...Here's some stats i saw of the acts ESC single and the follow up UK chart positions.........

2006:
    Javine - Touch My Fire #18
    Don't Let The Morning Come #49

1998:
    Imanni - Where Are You #15
    You've Got A Way #118

1995:
    Love City Groove - Love City Groove #7
    Soft Spot #106

1997:
    Katrina And The Waves - Love Shine A Light #3
    Walk On Water #138

1994:
    Francess Ruffelle - Lonely Symphony #25
    Lose Your Illusions #98

2000:
    Nicki French - Don't Play That Song Again #34
    I Surrender #110

And really if you look at the acts that have represented us in recent years James Fox, Jessica Garlick ,Jemini, Emma etc all have disappeared without a trace

2. Ragestar

Ragestar Guest

and then there's Gina G, who had several hits after the conest, but then didn't receive any royalties.

hasn't she been unable to release anything for years cos she was still under contract?

3. Yeah thats right and when she did finally get to release a track it flopped and reached #57 ;0(

4. Imaani reached #12 as part of Tru Faith & Dub Conspiracy, who covered Freak Like Me in 2000.

So even thought she wasn't credited, she beat her Eurovision entry's chart position!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.