Cut Copy - Freeze, Melt | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Cut Copy - Freeze, Melt

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by lushLuck, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Cut Copy in general is such a summer band to me.

cabirian and lushLuck like this.
  3. New Cut Copy: Love Is All We Share

Is a new album coming?

4. Please please!

cabirian likes this.
  5. That single is right up my street. Really good to have them back, I hope a new album comes this year.

From the Rolling Stone article:

neinzedd, lushLuck and TrendyMüller like this.
  6. I have a strange relationship with Cut Copy albums. I usually love one album and the next one leaves me cold.
    In Ghost colours: LOVE
    Zonoscope: meh
    Free Your Mind: LOVE
    Haiku: meh
    so the next one should be lit!

Noir likes this.
  7. Here is a new Cut Copy song: Cold Water.

8. Also they have announced a new LP:

Freeze, Melt
    August 21

01 Cold Water
    02 Like Breaking Glass
    03 Love Is All We Share
    04 Stop, Horizon
    05 Running In The Grass
    06 A Perfect Day
    07 Rain
    08 In Transit

It's heavily influenced by ambient music. While I'm not crazy about the album possibly having multiple instrumental songs, the new single reminds me of Owen Pallett, pretty and calm electro, which is a good signal. Let's see!

9. After extensive touring on our last album, “Cold Water” was one of the first new songs to appear. I’d moved to Copenhagen and had been listening to a lot more ambient and instrumental electronic music and as a result, “Cold Water” felt quite different to songs we’d made in the past. It was less dance, but more atmospheric. Also, the subject matter explores love in today’s context, where the climate and fate of the planet are becoming increasingly uncertain. Once we’d finished it, it felt like we'd placed a marker in the ground, guiding us in a new musical direction. -Dan

Our new single, "Cold Water," is out now! Stream + save it here: https://bnds.us/4o7a3o
    [​IMG]

10. I'm not sure I want an ambient album from Cut Copy. Especially not right now.

FridayNight, man.tis.shrimp and RHOPJ like this.
  11. It seems like this era isn't going to be for me, but good on them for trying something different.

12. Right? They've given me such joy--mainly with their first three albums--I really don't need more slogging energy at the moment.

RHOPJ and moorje like this.
  13. I’m sure I’ll like it. But I could do with some euphoria right now.

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  14. I love Cold Water, but I would need a bit more variety for an entire album. That said, they don’t have a collection to date that is any less than fantastic, so I have faith.

15. Yeah, hopefully the album will have a bit of everything but I'm loving the escapism vibes from both singles.

lushLuck and BikeThief like this.
  16. Maybe this and the new Annie album with be a cool counterpart to all the excellent boppery we've already gotten this year.

RHOPJ likes this.
  17. Their last album was a bit of a slog for me, sadly.

18. "Having known the band personally since they started, I was really interested to see where they had gone creatively this time and the reasons why. After listening to the album and talking to Dan I was impressed with the more minimal, emotionally introspective songs and the more experimental approach. Freeze, Melt is a very conceptually mature and sonically confident album for Cut Copy. Strangely, it’s very fitting for these times." – Christopher Hill, long-time Cut Copy friend and filmmaker (Youtube).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.