CXLOE - Show You | The Popjustice Forum

CXLOE - Show You

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Guyhawke!, Aug 26, 2018.

1. CXLOE's third single, written with Sam Farrar (Maroon 5, Phantom Planet). It's already getting a lot of radio airplay here in Oz, and she's getting some great press. She's a lovely girl, so it's nice to see her hard work being rewarded.

x

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    alejandrusco likes this.
  2. The video is out now:

x

nooniebao likes this.
  3. wow. this is massive!

Guyhawke! likes this.
  4. Yeah this is one of the best pop singles of the year. Glad she's getting the push.

nooniebao and Guyhawke! like this.
  5. I completely agree. She's also just scored a gig as the support act on Maroon 5's Australian tour next year.

x

6. Some great press:

Great to hear that there are major labels fighting over her right now.

x

nooniebao likes this.
  7. And an official video for an acoustic version of 'Show You'.

x

nooniebao likes this.
  8. Amazing new single.

Guyhawke! likes this.
  9. I saw CXLOE support Maroon 5 the other night in Sydney. She was fantastic and the crowd seemed very behind her. She opened with 'Monster' and closed with 'Show You', performing 'I Can't Have Nice Things', a couple of new songs including a bop called 'Heavy', and a cover of Tove Lo's 'Cool Girl' citing her as an influence. Sam Farrar joined her for 'Show You' which was cute. Here's hoping big things happen...

x

Ghetto Boy likes this.
  10. The video for 'I Can't Have Nice Things' is out now.

CXLOE is also doing her first headlining Australian shows in May, playing the Howler in Melbourne and the Oxford Art Factory in Sydney.

[​IMG]

x

11. New single Low Blow out next week:

Guyhawke! likes this.
  12. I'm loving 'Low Blow'. It's even more instant than 'I Can't Have Nice Things', and it sounded great live on the Maroon 5 tour earlier this year. She's knocking it out of the park right now!

x

13. 'Low Blow' is really instant, for everything it lacks in character it makes up for by being a mega bop.

Guyhawke! likes this.
  14. Agreed - total mega bop. It gets better and better with every listen.

Did any other Aussies catch CXLOE's shows in Sydney and Melbourne this week? I saw her on Thursday night at the Oxford Art Factory and she was amazing. She had a three-piece band augmented with stems from the studio recordings and the sound was massive for an intimate venue. CXLOE sang all five of her singles, plus a few new ones including 'Heavy' (which she sang on the Maroon 5 tour), 'Sick' and another one called 'Half Of Me'. She also did an acoustic cover of The Cranberries' 'Zombie'. There was so much love for her in the room, and everyone seemed to know all the lyrics. 'Show You' was a particular moment with the entire audience shouting the words back at the stage.

I did an interview with CXLOE this week for auspOp about playing live, her artistic journey so far and 'Low Blow'. You can read it here:

https://www.auspop.com.au/2019/05/cxloe-chats-with-chris/

x

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    notyourmate likes this.
  15. Great interview! I only realised on Friday that she was playing Oxford Art Factory on Thursday night, otherwise I would have tried to get along to it. I've had Low Blow on repeat since last week, so hopefully I'll get a heads up from Spotify/Songkick next time she's playing in Sydney.

Guyhawke! likes this.
  16. Thanks for the kind feedback! I'll let you know of any other gigs that I hear of. She's heading back to the US shortly, but I'm fairly certain there will be some festival shows (and, fingers crossed, some sideshows) at the end of the year.

x

notyourmate likes this.
  17. A video of 'I Can't Have Nice Things' from Melbourne.

And an acoustic performance for MTV Australia a couple of months back.

x

notyourmate likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.