Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Debut Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, May 25, 2016.

1. Dagny is a Norweigan singer who released an amazing song called Backbeat last year that became somewhat of a Blog and Spotify hit. As per usual with buzz acts, she's now signed to Republic Records. (They also changed the cover art of the single on Spotify to one that's a lot uglier, but the song remains incredible.)

nooniebao and 2014 like this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I love this song! She seems great.

3. I am sure I made a thread for this about 6 months ago. Anyways here's the new video. Still sounds like a monster hit to me (although the song seems to have been tinkered with a bit).

nooniebao likes this.
  4. Sounds and looks like a cross between Grace Mitchell and Florrie. I kind of dig it.

5. I love it! This is what Sarah Harding should have released (only saying that because of the blonde bob).

6. This has been quite the surprise bop, thank you Spotifty.

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Her new track Peter's obsessing over, featuring B├śRNS is pretty spectacular, but I think it's been taken off YouTube already? I can't find it!

8. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Backbeat and Fool's Gold are both very, very good.

9. The Ultraviolet EP is amazing. Long live Dagny!

2014 and rubirub like this.
  10. I've just bought the EP since Justin Tranter is involved in a couple of tracks and the EP previews were interesting to me...

11. Just listened to this new EP. It's great. Don't know anything about her but I just became a fan.

rubirub likes this.
  12. I feel the same way. Don't know anything about her, but the EP is great and I can't wait for for material by Dagny.

She gives me some Florrie/Astrid S vibes... I don't know why.

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This lady has become one of my breakout faves of the year, I hope we get an album next year! I think Too Young has crept up to be my favourite of hers - she needs more love!

(hope @strangekin doesn't mind me editing the title)

rubirub likes this.
  14. Too Young is great, but I do love the whole EP.

I want more music from Dagny as well as acoustic versions of every song besides the already released of Backbeat.

15. Too Young just hit me like a ton of bricks. If Katy Perry is looking for someone to shamelessly copy, she could do much worse than this EP.

4Roses and TRAVVV like this.
  16. Too Young is another fantastic pop record, Justin & Julia are seriously killing it.

17. Talk about a last minute favourite. This EP and Fool's Gold in particular are such a rush of pop euphoria, definitely among the best of the year.

rubirub and 2014 like this.
  18. This is a great little EP isn't it? She came up in a curated playlist I was listening to and I'm hooked.

19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

She's playing a show in London in a couple of weeks - I'm so tempted to go, I've loved nearly everything she's done so far.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.