Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Debut Album) | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, May 25, 2016.

1. Signed vinyl available from Townsend Music. Don’t think she’s released CDs for this.

rubirubi and popjunkie like this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This is a top-notch pop album! Somebody, Moment, Paris, Bye Bye Baby = all incredible

3. I'm three glasses of wine in but the rush Somebody still gives me.

4Roses, Conan, sjoerd.. and 6 others like this.
  4. Somehow Moment ended up being my favourite even though I love the whole album and think it’s so solid. From “my heart goes double time” it’s just such an ear worm. And also ends up going on every time I’ve had a few glasses of wine.

I hope she keeps making music for herself even if her success is low key. I can see her just being a writer at some point but I hope she keeps feeding us before then.

computer boy, lushLuck and AndrewX like this.
  5. Drew this to commemorate the vinyl release and she said she loves it in the instagram comments! Queen.

[​IMG]

4Roses, mattieh, Lapras and 35 others like this.
  6. Very cool, indeed.

Dagny deserves a lot of recognition for the album, to be honest.

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  7. Katy Perry needs to hire her as a songwriter. Katy doing a spin on Somebody would be brilliant.

8. *covering this album

9. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I've gotten so much mileage out of this album, more than I expected. Just rock-solid boppery from beginning to end.

4Roses, Bolton, BubblegumBoy and 7 others like this.
  10. Come Over and Somebody being produced by Kent/Cato of Donkeyboy makes so much sense. Their production and ear for melody is always top tier.

This album just continues to grow for me. I’m obsessed.

4Roses, Diet Pop!, nooniebao and 5 others like this.
  11. I got the vinyl this week, but this album deserves much more recognition...

12. I'm still obsessed with Paris. What a song!

Diet Pop!, nooniebao, 2014 and 6 others like this.
  13. I love reading all the praise here, this album is an absolute gem and it's great to see it get more recognition. Paris, Somebody, Come Over, Coast to Coast and Moment are all absolutely glorious.

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Please Look At Me requires much more attention - the range on this album, I really love it!

15. Somebody is one of the most perfect songs ever??

4Roses, Pretend, Diet Pop! and 9 others like this.
  16. Tension is one of my faves. The production towards the end where her vocals echo and then come back in. So good

17. I liked a few tracks here and there but what really sold her to me was hearing Bye Bye Baby on Hjem till jul 2 / Home for Christmas 2. I love finding songs I like by myself but sometimes it's great to do it the old school way and have it played for you on a TV show for example. So this made me play the album again last month and get into it properly.

Diet Pop!, 2014, nooniebao and 2 others like this.
  18. It is one of the best songs, so it makes sense.

Vasilios likes this.
  19. It’s so low on the trackist though I either never got to it, or ignored it after too much catchy fizzy candy-pop. Should’ve been higher up.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.