Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Side A) | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Side A)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, May 25, 2016.

1. Gay heaven? You mean:

2. It's fine, not bad, but not "gay heaven". It sort of sounds like a Sigrid song.

BubblegumBoy and enricll like this.
  3. Oh for gods sakes, it's amazing! The drums! 'Run Away with Me' (gasp, sacrilege) meets 'Never Really Over' but still very Dagny. It's what we all wanted from Carly Rae...

Only quibble: it's too short; need a second final chorus, but damn

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Verandi, stuaw, burzacott and 5 others like this.
  4. This is... I'm crying.

5. Yeah, this is absolutely stunning. Her best release since Wearing Nothing; the kind of thing most of our favs could only dream of releasing.

6. This is an absolute bop, a self actualised banger. The production is so smooth, the chorus has a real kick to it, the middle 8 is lovely and that final chorus is fire.

4Roses, stuaw, burzacott and 2 others like this.
  7. ‘Come Over’ is a pop excellence, bow down.

Tracy Jacks, enjoy, stuaw and 7 others like this.
  8. This is one of those songs you know you'll be playing for months before the first chorus is even over. She sounds so good.

9. aux

aux

I love this. Here’s hoping there’s an actual album coming.

10. Yeah it’s a ‘bop’ but every single melody and production choice is so predictable? It’s peak scandi synth pop and not in a good way. It does what Sigrid was doing two years ago, and it wasn’t even fresh back then.

c_0_r_3_y likes this.
  11. It is predictable. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet which is a shame because I've loved pretty much all her singles since More More More.

enricll likes this.
  12. This knocks and sounds so triumphant. I love it!

13. This is just so damn euphoric. I love it. Screw men, songs like this is why I’m gay.

4Roses, stuaw, nooniebao and 3 others like this.
  14. aux

aux

15. What a video.

stuaw and lushLuck like this.
  16. S*grid hasn't released a song even close to this good after Don't Kill My Vibe, so y'all can stop mentioning her. Come Over is a bit formulaic, but it's executed so well that I don't even care.

Verandi, Mikal, stuaw and 7 others like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

She's so watchable! But this is far from her best, but is still good!

Tracy Jacks and aux like this.
  18. “Strangers” would like a word.

The comparison to Sigrid wasn’t supposed to be pejorative! It’s a decent song. But it’s very typically Scandinavian and to me it lacks that “oh my god I’m going to fall off my chair je téléphone à la police” element that, say, “Run Away With Me” has, to use another comparison thrown around this thread.

Anyway, I’m really happy she’s going to put an album out. “Backbeat” is an all time classic.

enricll likes this.
  19. Ugh you always display such TASTE.

Come Over is so joyful and I hope she gives us an album soon (and that she does the Selena Gomez thing of adding Love You Like That and More More More as bonus tracks)

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  20. It literally sounds like Mine Right Now by S*gr*d but it’s still a damn bop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.