Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Side A) | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Side A)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, May 25, 2016.

1. The BOP we all needed right now.

I love it!

Kyle., roborovsky and johnny_tsunami like this.
  2. Even thought I like Harleys, imagine if this was the collab Katy held on to and not Puth dd.
    Bangers only.

3. Another gorgeous song from her. She is so good at pop.

Kyle., Conan, aux and 1 other person like this.
  4. This is amazing as always but girl... where is the album?

Txetxu, aux and johnny_tsunami like this.
  5. The outro is stunning, gals.

roborovsky and aux like this.
  6. Time to change the threads name or make a new one.

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This is incredible - it's not reinventing anything or completely earth-shattering, it's just....properly good pop.

D.Jay, lushLuck, roborovsky and 2 others like this.
  8. LOVE Somebody. Dagny is so great at creating such well crafted, euphoric, high quality Pop songs.

roborovsky likes this.
  9. I can’t stop listening to this.

Sam and roborovsky like this.
  10. God I love when a scandi-girl just releases a clean, competent, well produced slice of scandi-pop. It's not groundbreaking but I'll use, especially in these times of doom and gloom.

11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Just caught the video and it's a delight! Her smile is so infectious. She's so great.

nooniebao likes this.
  12. Side A tracklist from The Line of Best Fit:
    1. Come Over
    2. Somebody
    3. Paris
    4. Let Me Cry
    5. Coulda Woulda Shoulda
    6. Tension

Paris was performed last year as part of a live show for NRK:

13. "Somebody" sounds universal and specific at the same time (music for H&M dressing rooms/Freeform shows), she's consistently great but there's just little room in the current music landscape for her. Hopefully things will start moving now that she's indie.

enricll and lushLuck like this.
  14. I don’t think she’s indie? Universal Music Norway still comments on her Instagram posts/promotes her etc.

15. @nooniebao Seems like she remains signed to Universal in Norway? But in the US it’s credited to Little Daggers Records which I’m guessing is her own label.

AndrewX, lushLuck and nooniebao like this.
  16. The label situation is a bit confusing: she's signed to Universal Music Norway/Polydor Germany for Europe and a few other places, and she releases through her own label/INgrooves everywhere else.

17. She used to be on Republic Records in the US but probably got quietly dropped.

18. Did she shoot the video recently?

19. As I wasn't really sold on Come Over, this one do all the work for me. It's nothing groundbreaking but it's a good, synth scandibop. I'm looking forward for first part of her album.

enricll likes this.
  20. it was shot in December (got this from the IG account of the director)

chriscrk likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.