Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Side A) | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Side A)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, May 25, 2016.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I....feel like this release strategy could work for her?? I’m optimistic, Come Over and especially Somebody have amazing replay value.

4Roses, Kyle., nooniebao and 4 others like this.
  2. You can anticipate every trick this is gonna throw at you but they all hit so damn effectively it's swept me off my feet from play one *swoons*

Sam, stuaw, IDontKnowHer and 5 others like this.
  3. She definitely has a schtick that she doesn't stray away from but everything slaps so I'll accept it.

Sam, stuaw, phily693 and 4 others like this.
  4. Is she reinventing any wheels? Is she coming for any ‘track of the year’ titles? No, but she really is carving out a place as one of the more dependable names in pop.

Eskapism, HairBodyFace, stuaw and 6 others like this.
  5. I know she's not reinventing the wheels here but I can already tell this is going to be one of my most played tracks for the next while

roborovsky likes this.
  6. First live performance of Somebody:

7. This. Sometimes you just need someone who is making quality, solid Pop music without trying too hard or having any sort of annoying agenda around it.

8. aux

aux

Uh... what the fuck is that album cover?

Sam, Mikal, 4Roses and 4 others like this.
  9. Not her stealing back from Katy!

[​IMG]

Sam, Mikal, Kyle. and 1 other person like this.
  10. Cover is a serve. Really excited to hear the minialbum, I haven't been able to stop playing "Somebody"!

roborovsky and nooniebao like this.
  11. I actually hope we don’t get any other songs before Friday. I’ve made sure not to overplay Come Over and Somebody in anticipation of this.

aux likes this.
  12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The cover is gorgeous - excited for more bops!!

roborovsky and lushLuck like this.
  13. Definitely here for this as I really enjoyed Come Over and Somebody! Love what she’s been doing this era and the visuals. I just never really understood the strategy of dropping your album in “parts”, as I opposed to the “dripping” strategy of putting out tons of singles before the album

14. Somebody just keeps getting better and better for me.

Sam, phily693, nooniebao and 3 others like this.
  15. Fucking perched for this album! I can already tell it will be perfection.

WhenTheSunGoesDown and nooniebao like this.
  16. This is simply fantastic. Each song is solid and could work as a single. Part 2 can't come soon enough.

17. Is there any word on when Part 2 is being released? I don't know why I am asking this, as the first half isn't even out yet in the USA.....

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

Ooh this is a lovely little EP. Nothing groundbreaking but it does the job well and everything is very solid. Tension and Paris are my favorites.

Eskapism likes this.
  19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Feel bad for her that she's got Gaga and Carly to compete with tomorrow ffffff.

Pretend likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.