Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Side A) | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Dagny - Strangers/Lovers (Side A)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, May 25, 2016.

1. ...and just about every other pop act. Am I being unrealistic expecting Katy to tweet about this tomorrow even though her bi-monthly tweets about CYN haven't done much for her?

Waiting until the official release here to listen but the positive reaction is very promising.

2. ...... i actually feel more excited for this than anything from Gaga rn

Verandi and 2014 like this.
  3. Paris and Coulda Woulda Shoulda are easily two of the year's best, and among the best things she's recorded to date.

Island, Dreampopboy, 2014 and 2 others like this.
  4. Getting your side A overshadowed by Carly's side B. Poor Dagny!

That said, it's absolutely perfect, bought it on iTunes and looking forward to buying it again on vinyl when the album is complete. The euphoric joy of Coulda Woulda Shoulda!

2014 likes this.
  5. This is SO GOOD FUCK

6. Wow! Okay!
    Paris... Is... Absolutely..... STUNNING

If part two is just as good as part one? We could be talking about an album to rival E•MO•TION

7. This is so so good. God this New Music Friday is so strong.

8. This is all very stellar, but Somebody is still the best song. It's just amazingly gorgeous.

9. So....where is the album? I'm kinda creaming over the thought of having a complete collection of gems like these.

10. Well, Dagny's Side A is better than Carly's Side A so...

Love how you can hear bits of the previous songs muffled in the bridge of 'Tension'.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Verandi and roborovsky like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Ok she snapped. She is great and I think I could listen to her voice on anything, looking forward to Side B.

nooniebao, Sam, Dreampopboy and 3 others like this.
  12. This is pretty excellent. Every song is a cute little gem.

13. It's just a really great EP isn't it? Each song is strong and stands alone well but it all folds together really well, she sounds great and it's perfect for a summers day. She's shaping up to have an incredibly strong 2020 and it's blissful to see her flourish.

14. aux

aux

Between this and Carly, I'm getting my much needed dose of dopamine inducing songs.

15. Tension sampling Come Over & Somebody during the middle eight is 10/10. Paris is one of her all time best. What a wonderful collection

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  16. Paris is the greatest song of all time.

Jersey, Mushroom, nooniebao and 8 others like this.
  17. I just started spontaneously bawling listening to Somebody???
    This would be less remarkable if I'd ever cried because of a song before.

I guess her describing going for a road trip with someone and feeling such a sudden closeness made me feel extremely lonely? Whew, the yearning. Dagny's power.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    nooniebao, Lost Boy and roborovsky like this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

I'm glad this is being released in parts because I feel like the songs could possibly be less impactful if it was released as part of a bigger package.

19. 'Tension' and 'Paris' are just stellar.

20. Sam

Sam

Wig at ..... all most of this. Paris??? I don’t know a better song.

And none for Let Me Cry

[​IMG]

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.