Dagny - Strangers/Lovers | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Dagny - Strangers/Lovers

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, May 25, 2016.

1. You're slacking @nooniebao. I had to be notified by Facebook about Dagny's new video being up haha.

2. It's crazy how a decent music video can make a song grow on you.

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It's a great video! She's a popstar.

4. Justice for Drink About.

enricll, strictmachine79 and aux like this.
  5. Apparently the vinyl is only available for pre order in Norway. Shame! Would liked to have got my hands on a copy.

6. Available in the UK soon though! Roll on Friday for AOTY

Txetxu and 2014 like this.
  7. See you there, @WoW73!

€14 per ticket! A steal. I'll just get 3 or 4 and see if I can find friends to go with me.

8. Okay, this (Side A) is really good! I'm addicted to “Coulda Woulda Shoulda”.

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  9. Bye Bye Baby is the one.

D.Jay, sfmartin, Diet Pop! and 3 others like this.
  10. Overall, this is such a nice album.

I feel like the mixing could’ve been arranged better in a couple of these songs, though.

I love how melodic “Please Look at Me” is! and couldn’t stop dancing to “Moment” and “Bye Bye Baby”.

#JusticeForDenyIt

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  11. Without any hyperbole:

Moment is a Fleetwood Mac inspired BOP.
    Please Look At Me - Mi Chico Latino found ROTTING. A Spanish flavoured opus. The strings, that effect on the refrain & when the music drops out on the second verse. Everything.
    Bad At Love is a lovely moment of quiet.
    It's Only A Heartbreak sounds even better in the context of the album, actually. Still very Tove Stryke though.
    Bye Bye Baby might be the best song of all time. Inject it straight into my veins.
    Coast To Coast is a brilliant album closer - when the instrumentation builds in the second chorus into the middle eight, yes Daggers.

Add these to Paris, Tension etc - a fantastic debut. There wasn't any doubt before, but I am an out & out little dagger.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    sfmartin, ALEX, BubblegumBoy and 10 others like this.
  12. No links for European preorders of the vinyl, then?

13. She said on instagram that they're "working on it". I'm anxiously waiting.

This second half is amazing, even if that interlude was recorded in a bathroom.

Txetxu likes this.
  14. The album is good, could have done without the run from “Moment” to “It’s Only a Heartbreak” but those two at the end.. amazing.

15. Bye Bye Baby might be a discography best, and perhaps one of the year’s best as well.

sfmartin and WhenTheSunGoesDown like this.
  16. Nothing on this side matches the highs of Paris but Bye Bye Baby is indeed quite a ferocious glitterbanger.

sfmartin and WhenTheSunGoesDown like this.
  17. Rob

Rob

I really want to get tickets to see her but an April tour seems very optimistic at this point...

18. I just saw her Dublin date and as much as I'd love to grab tickets it'll be surprising if it goes ahead.

Rob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.