Dagny - “Strawberry Dream” + ELLE (Jun 7)

Rollout sounds like a nightmare and 3 EPs is hardly promising (or even believable) when the first has taken well over a year to actually materialise... why do popstars/labels do this? Like I know Robyn is the blueprint but has this particular strategy actually worked for anyone since Body Talk?
And Body Talk worked because Robyn seemingly stuck to her deadlines unlike other artists who’ve rolled out projects in similar ways.

On the song, the chorus is undeniable great pop, she really has honed into that big, hopeful, euphoric chorus so well. It's a masterclass. The only downside I hear is that the second verse is a little weak lyrically. The video being her doing a photoshoot of eating sweets. Economical queen with her great teeth privilege.

As for the album campaign, I'd much rather an actual album rather than breaking it into chunks (which I think she did last time as well). But if it means she's not held in forever album limbo then at least we're getting something.

he/him
currently still drunk from the night before but…

We’d take awkward silences
and we turn them into art
if I’m some kinda Bridget Jones
Then you would be my Mark

Is low key giving

Band aids don’t fix bullet holes
You say sorry just for show

And that’s that on that x

currently still drunk from the night before but…

We’d take awkward silences
and we turn them into art
if I’m some kinda Bridget Jones
Then you would be my Mark

Is low key giving

Band aids don’t fix bullet holes
You say sorry just for show

And that’s that on that x
The Bridget Jones reference... Oh my...

An "album" of 8 tracks while most of them have already been released...

What a fucking stupid album strategy. Almost two years to release 4 tracks which turn out to be half of the whole thing, while other strong singles like Brightsider are discarded all together. It actually makes me mad, cuz it took a decade for her to release a debut album and she was lucky enough it became a success because of a surprise hit and now we're back at AGAIN at square one.

None of these girls have been able to pull off a Body Talk strategy, and even Robyn herself had to change plans for Part 3 anyway.

Strawberry Dreams is great, as usual. How dare she.