Dannii Minogue

Re: Dannii Minogue - Unleashed & The Video Collection DVD

Undisco_Me said:
Warily, I am inherently cynical towards another flush from the AATW toilet - it seems very one-sided and her ''''''''morning after'''''''' Ava Gardner clothed by George presence on the T4 stage was a very sad image, she looked completely stripped of proper pop styling and professional assistance.

Another AATW venture reeks of their quick-money-no-expense head in the sand nonesense that has infuriated me with just about any artist on their roster that I actually care about (Dannii, Kelly and Tina). Least not forget Llorenna was unforgettably called an "old slag" by a staff.

There will definitely be more intense media focus on Dannii''''s next musical extravaganza, and for that reason Dannii herself should be wary - the label are not offering her an album nor nurturing anything remotely involving a longterm strategy. This potentially takes the wind out of her conviction as a judge on a pop contest. Whereas her last 3 singles have been less successful each time, they still largely kept fans vaguely happy at the fact she was releasing anything at all, but she was not under the same spotlight as she shall be now - this prime time judge cannot repeat these ''''''''mistakes'''''''' as she won''''t get away with it this time.

If no bigger deal comes along after X-Factor then by all means slip back into the too good to miss opportunities of AATW''''s breathtaking indifference, but I''''d hate to see her almost immediately make herself look like a has-been again.

Excellent post. Apart from I think Dannii looked rather good on T4, and throughout the HAB promotion. She''s very good at picking a style theme and sticking with it for a project; it''s just a pity that of late such projects havent had enough force behind them to make such an effort worthwhile.

I''m going to quote it on Dannii''s board.

Tracklist:

1. Love and Kisses
2. Success
3. Jump to the Beat
4. Baby Love
5. I Don't Wanna Take this Pain
6. Show You the Way to Go
7. Love's on EveryCorner
8. This is It
9. This is the Way
10. Get Into You
11. All I Wanna Do
12. Everything I Wanted
13. Disremembrance
14. Coconut
15. Everlasting Night
16. Who Do You Love Now?
17. Put the Needle in It
18. I Begin to Wonder
19. Don't Wanna Lose this Feeling
20. You Won't Forget About Me
21. Perfection
22. So Under Pressure
23. I Can't Sleep at Night

* Bonus Videos: I Begin to Spin, Don't Wanna Lose this Groove, Rescue Me, He's the Greatest Dancer (BBC Children in Need), Kids - performance with Kylie in Melbourne, He's the Greatest Love - as Esmeralda in West End production ofNotre Dame
* Plus two short documentaries - one on the making of Neon Nights and another following Dannii over the last 2 years

It's listed on Play.com, so I assume it must be true!

even the 1st edition of Neon Nights was quite a good packaging... they dont make em like that...

V

vasilios

That looks too good to be true. Are you sure Play haven't been fooled by a crazy Dannii fan?

the play.com tracklist has some errors in it.

anyway to go a bit off topic, i thought this was funny!
on digital spy there is a feature about celebrity musicals, and it included a tongue in cheek idea for a dannii minogue musical...

SEW FABULOUS!

The premise: Cathii's dream is to be a seamstress, but she's always been overshadowed by Carly, her more confident younger sister. Carly's fingers are nimbler than Cathii's; her choice of fabric is flashier, and for some reason people seem to prefer her hemming skills. Just as Cathii's about to surrender her dreams, she's handed the opportunity of a lifetime: a judging role on a reality TV show called The Stitch Factor. Cathii's touching story unfolds to the discotastic tones of Dannii Minogue's greatest hits.

The stars: Emma Thompson as Carly, EastEnders star Sophie Thompson as Cathii

The tunes: 'All I Wanna Do (Is Be A Seamstress)', 'I Begin To Wonder (About Hemming)', 'Love and Stitches'

The show-stopping moment: Sew Fabulous!' uplifting finale, in which Cathii encourages wannabe seamstresses to fulfill their ambitions with a rousing rendition of 'Put The Needle On It’.

Re: Dannii Minogue - FIVE new releases!

AATW records have confirmed they are releasing a "new" dannii minogue album on the 18th october, entitled "club disco". i would expect most of the stuff on it will be from "hits & beyond" but hopefully there will be unreleased stuff too!

There are 10 songs that have been released since dannii joined AATW:

You Wont Forget About Me
Perfection
Ive Been Waiting For You
So Under Pressure
Feel Like I Do
I Cant Sleep At Night
Love Fight
Gone
Good Times
Sunrise

Plus there are alot more unreleased songs known to exist from this era. More news on this to come next week...

Nathan (discussing 'Club Disco') says..

It will have the Beyond tracks, the bsides and some new unreleased tracks.

You might also wet your pants over something that is happening in December - but more news on that in a couple of weeks.

I'm having trouble keeping up with everything that is happening myself!!!!

X

Then a couple of posts later he says that 5 unreleased tracks will be included.

Honestly, I was expecting an album full of remixes. I think it's great how, even though Dannii's not really out in the studio working on a new album, fans are getting spoiled beyond belief.

F

Former member 330

It's like Christmas... I for one am pleased Dannii is cleaning out her drawers. I like the idea of acoustic versions and mellower stuff by way of bonuses and unreleased tracks... umpteen gay-as-tits mixes I'm less thrilled about.

anfunny2003 said:
It's like Christmas... I for one am pleased Dannii is cleaning out her drawers.

Amazing!!

That should be the title of the rarities album!!

"Dannii Cleans Out Her Drawers"

I invisage a photo of Dannii sitting on a chest of drawers over flowing with knickers and cds.

Milky x

Maybe she's lightened up about a career she's had to defend for so long - now is the time to enjoy a genuine high and not panic at the thought of giving up her precious gems.

It's not very exciting to hear the 'beyond (belief)' tracks included where others could have, but Good Times was alright actually - i do hope the collab Trip's not there, but the gelid reflection Take Me Inside is worth investigating. 90s Xeonomania should be indulged, so hearing an extened version of Keep Up With The Good Times is just inbelievably awesome.

how funny...usually we had waited ages for even a dannii's single...and look at it now!!! 2 minutes on the xfactor and i will need to ask fro a loan to abuy all them all!!!

V

Victor Fairbanks

euroboy said:
AATW records have confirmed they are releasing a "new" dannii minogue album on the 18th october, entitled "club disco". i would expect most of the stuff on it will be from "hits & beyond" but hopefully there will be unreleased stuff too!

There are 10 songs that have been released since dannii joined AATW:

You Wont Forget About Me
Perfection
Ive Been Waiting For You
So Under Pressure
Feel Like I Do
I Cant Sleep At Night
Love Fight
Gone
Good Times
Sunrise

Plus there are alot more unreleased songs known to exist from this era. More news on this to come next week...

Damn! That would have made for a perfect dance-pop album release at around the time she released Perfection. It would have been like Neon Nights Part 2, and the soundtrack to the beginning of many a club night. At around that time Danni was the offical queen of the club-dance charts, remember.

It all went pearshaped with So under Pressure and the Hits and Beyond release, because they broke the zeitgeist of her dance chart rule, and messed it up by infusing her older discography. That wasn't the time yet to do that.

Now, during the X fatcor, would have been a better time for the Hits and Beyond and then with a proper chart hit single of course.

Victor Fairbanks said:
euroboy said:
You Wont Forget About Me
Perfection
Ive Been Waiting For You
So Under Pressure
Feel Like I Do
I Cant Sleep At Night
Love Fight
Gone
Good Times
Sunrise[/b]

Damn! That would have made for a perfect dance-pop album release at around the time she released Perfection. It would have been like Neon Nights Part 2, and the soundtrack to the beginning of many a club night. At around that time Danni was the offical queen of the club-dance charts, remember.

better late than never... another AATW act (Ultrabeat) have just had a top 10 album with songs that were mostly made a few years ago so theres hope for dannii if this gets a physical cd release!

F

Former member 330

euroboy said:
AATW records have confirmed they are releasing a "new" dannii minogue album on the 18th october, entitled "club disco".

Is there a source for this info? For starters, 18th of October is a Thursday.

T

tommie

Just go to AATW.com - it's on their front page!

There's also something coming up in December apparently...

anfunny2003 said:
euroboy said:
AATW records have confirmed they are releasing a "new" dannii minogue album on the 18th october, entitled "club disco".

Is there a source for this info? For starters, 18th of October is a Thursday.

yep, go to www.aatw.com for some of the info, and dannii minogues offical forums to read what her webmaster has said (and hes the one who has initiated alot of these dannii new releases). i never post unsubstantiated info, it annoys me when others do.

F

Former member 330

Oh I see... its just a bunch of mp3s. Wont be buying that. I'd rather pick up a bunch of files illegally some place. Theyre worthless and low quality... if it had been a CD, I'd have paid for it - I'll be buying the other releases certainly. Not so exciting now...

There is a little campaign going on right now to try and get this album released on physical cd. hopefully it might make AATW records consider this possibility!

S

Steve

Presumably it will be on the web site that sells WAV files as well? A bit expensive, but I'm sure loyal Dannii fans will come up with a way of sharing the costs together or something!