Dannii Minogue

I... swear years ago there were numerous rumours of her having secret relationships with women. Or have I just made that up?

This whole thing has just reminded me of it dd

Someone recorded her on CCTV receiving a lapdance off a female entertainer and stills were published in the tabloids.. around 2004 or 2005 I think. They had positioned the CCTV into the booth where she had been sat.

I... swear years ago there were numerous rumours of her having secret relationships with women. Or have I just made that up?

This whole thing has just reminded me of it dd

I hope that's the case and it's not just a straight woman co-opting conveniently vague LGBTQ terminology because she just so happens to have a dating show for lesbians to promote right now... Sorry if I sound overly cynical but her comments sound a bit... hmm...

Last edited:
441025764_10162070255082868_2920080103901564411_n.jpg

1714765996692.png

One of my friends dug these out from a charity event Dannii did, and possibly mimed to "Everlasting Love" at.

I mean, nobody can seriously say that Dannii hasn't done the ground work in being an ally and moving in queer circles, but I do think she needs to police her own words at times and code-switch back to talking with the non-LGBTQ people. It was only this week last year I was getting piled on by a reasonably famous drag queen and her flying monkeys for defending her infamous bisexual gaffe on X Factor (you can't out someone on national TV if they've already come out on the front cover of the biggest national newspaper in the country earlier in the week) but I do concede it was a clanger that she should have kept to off-screen chat between her and Danyl. While I think everyone has the right to define themselves as queer if they feel that way and you don't owe anyone your visible queerness, it feels icky? when a famous person does it out of nowhere.

Oh, Dannii has debunked it as clickbait nonsense:

"To clarify, there was no breakdown and I was not making an announcement that I’m a lesbian or queer, I’m straight and in a long term hetero relationship

The Q&A with Catherine Bohart was wonderful and the reaction in the room and all the follow up questioning from the host, after that line, addressing me as a straight woman and ally is the clearest confirmation that this line was taken out of context and used as clickbait."

What a shock. "Journalists" take a part of a sentence out of context in a move to get clickbait and encourage a pile on.

Anyway I am so here for more music and she is looking so damn good. That look on The One Show? Mother.