Dannii Minogue

she/her
Figured I'd ask here since searching online has led me unable to find one. Does anyone happen to have a spare Neon Nights 20 cassette they'd willing to sell?

I can't find any anywhere and would love to add it to my collection.

Does anyone know if Dannii's Proud Radio interview is available to listen to anywhere else outside Apple Music? I assume there isn't a video version of it, just the audio.

I think it's an Apple exclusive because it's from Apple Radio. Interesting interview, she talks about the LGBT+ community and about the show, apparently I Kissed a Girl had higher ratings than I Kissed a Boy. She briefly mentions new music and says We Could Be the One kicked things off, then says:
And then I got back in the studoo with Autone, recording Thinking About Us. And then I've been back in the studio again since then, just before I came over to London. So there is music, but I just, for me, have to have so many boundaries with it because it's very time consuming.
So it does sound like more stuff will be coming.

Just listening to this and wondering how in god's name didn't they follow up All I Wanna Do with it as the second Girl single?

This would've stood out and done MUCH better than the overly safe Everything I Wanted and she probably would've sold a lot more albums off two back to back absolute bangers!

In a way I feel like she repeated the same mistake with Don't Wanna Lose the feeling.. she should've released the harder edged Creep rather than reverting to the more poppy Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling.

Then Love Fight wasn't a single... So many frustrating mis-steps in Dannii's career.

Last edited:
Just listening to this and wondering how in god's name didn't they follow up All I Wanna Do with it as the second Girl single?

This would've stood out and done MUCH better than the overly safe Everything I Wanted and she probably would've sold a lot more albums off two back to back absolute bangers!

In a way I feel like she repeated the same mistake with Don't Wanna Lose the feeling.. she should've released the harder edged Creep rather than reverting to the more poppy Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling.

Then Love Fight wasn't a single... So many frustrating mis-steps in Dannii's career.

I actually quite liked Everything I Wanted as a single. I think the problem was the single mix of Disremembrance was worse than the superior album version.

I also think Creep is very off-putting, and wouldn't have made a good single. I remember at the time thinking Mystified or Come And Get It would have been the songs to promote. When I heard that Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling was going to be a single, I was baffled as I didn't think the album version was very good. However, I think the single version was awesome.

I like Love Fight, but I think it sounded too edgy for radio. But maybe it would have worked. Better than Perfection.

I actually quite liked Everything I Wanted as a single. I think the problem was the single mix of Disremembrance was worse than the superior album version.

I also think Creep is very off-putting, and wouldn't have made a good single. I remember at the time thinking Mystified or Come And Get It would have been the songs to promote. When I heard that Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling was going to be a single, I was baffled as I didn't think the album version was very good. However, I think the single version was awesome.

I like Love Fight, but I think it sounded too edgy for radio. But maybe it would have worked. Better than Perfection.
Woah now. Let’s not be hasty.

I have been on a bit of a creative roll making some 80s throwback remixes. Here is another - Dannii Minogue and her UK top 5 2003 hit "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" reimagined as if it had been released in 1987/1988. I used elements of the original album mix combined with the Jewels & Stone remix with added SAW/PWL drum sample for authenticity. Enjoy

Listen to Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling (K-W-G 80s Retro Mix) DANNII by K-W-G Remix on #SoundCloud
https://on.soundcloud.com/4fvmx1000038101.png

Did Dannii ever perform We Could Be The One live? Cant seem to find any clips - such a missed opportunity not to perform it during the finale of I Kissed a Boy!

No she hasn’t. And it would look too random singing it on the show. As much as I would love it, it would look a little to much about “me me me Dannii”. Which Dannii isn’t about (she wouldn’t even sing on X Factor).

We could be the one and Thinking Bout Us are two songs I’d love to hear live. Perhaps upcoming pride stuff in the future maybe. Mighty Hoopla?

Apparently she’s been asked to do Hoopla multiple times and turned it down or “not been ready” for it yet. Fingers crossed though.
I still feel her confidence regarding performing live and releasing music hasn’t been the same since X Factor. She dips her toe in and out, but get a sense the confidence isn’t there anymore. Which is sad as she was a brilliant pop star.