Darren Hayes - 5th Album | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Darren Hayes - 5th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mrp2910, Jan 17, 2022.

1. The song does nothing for me. The vocals I couldn’t care less about. Just give me a decent song!

2. New single Do You Remember? out next week.

3. LPT

LPT

Does anyone have a link to the Mardi Gras performance? From his stories I can tell he did Animal Song and Lets Try Being in Love . It looks triumphant, I got goosebumps seeing him perform Animal Song.

Oh I am perched.

poshbabyyy and mrp2910 like this.
  4. And Affirmation by the looks of it. Was it broadcast anywhere?

poshbabyyy, LPT and mrp2910 like this.

5. Oh I'm glad he's doing animal song. Those drums!

poshbabyyy and LPT like this.
  6. You can see it here at the very end of the 3 hours, but might need a VPN to watch it outside of Australia.

Darren did 'The Animal Song', 'I Want You, 'Let's Try Being In Love' and 'Affirmation'.

x

andru, poshbabyyy and LPT like this.
  7. Shame no other solo songs appeared but guess it is linked to the 25th anniversary of Savage Garden.

8. Has there been any more news on Savage Garden/his early solo albums being rereleased on vinyl? I would have assumed they’d at least announce the debut preorder by now.

poshbabyyy and Quimogen like this.

9. It's not usually in a football stadium is it?

10. I’m waiting…

11. Normally no, but great exposure really.

poshbabyyy, LPT and mrp2910 like this.
  12. He went on Instagram Live a few hours ago and played the forthcoming 12” mix of LTBIL. It really sounded good.

I love how casual and chatty he is when he goes live, even at 4AM.

13. Single artwork for "Do You Remember?"

upload_2022-3-8_9-13-41.png

14. I hope this is better than Let’s Try Being in Love. I’ve always had an emotional connection to his music, but I just couldn’t get past the vocals from the last single.

jtm, cleggar and Staticboombox like this.
  15. I am not sure why so many of you are complaining about this vocals on LTBIL. His falsetto has been very present throughout his career. It's paramount to his sound. I Knew I Loved You, The Animal Song, You Can Still Be Free, Insatiable, Bloodstained Heart, Black Out The Sun, etc, etc.

16. I don't have an issue with his vocals on Let's Try Being In Love but I hope the new song is less repetitive. The most interesting part is the middle 8.

poshbabyyy, jtm and Rich T like this.
  17. For me, I find the vocals don't gel with the instrumentation at all. I know nothing about production but the whole song is so jarring and almost unpleasant to listen to. The melody and vocals sound nice but muddled by the whole package when it comes together.

Same as @maverick_79, I'm a huge fan, but this song has thrown me off completely.

jtm likes this.
  18. I kinda 'hate' mostly everything Darren Hayes has released but love Let's Try Being In Love so... mess!

neinzedd likes this.
  19. He is looking and sounding amazing.

Just imagine what a Darren 'Best Of' could look like. Boppage!

1 New Track: No More Tears On The Dancefloor
    2 Talk Talk Talk
    3 Pop!ular
    4 Crush
    5 Me, Myself & I
    6 Strange Relationship
    7 On The Verge Of Something Wonderful
    8 I Miss You
    9 So Beautiful
    10 Bloodstained Heart
    11 Darkness
    12 Insatiable
    13 Casey
    14 Angel
    15 Who Would Have Thought
    16 New Track
    17 New Track

poshbabyyy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.