Darren Hayes General Discussion | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

Darren Hayes General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aime, Mar 22, 2009.

1. A&E

A&E

I just had to bump up the thread for this:

[video=youtube;Zl_Lij9y6EE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_Lij9y6EE[/video]

(By the way, cleggar, if you still need the Secret Codes thread, it's here.)

2. hahaha Amazing!

I have many friends who are big fans of Savage Garden but never listened to his solo albums... I need to fix that!

3. Lovely, thank you! I managed to crack it a few days after that but thank you anyway!

4. I've done a mashup-cover-thing of Pop!ular with MIA's Bad Girls, not sure I pull it off t be honest but oh well! http://youtu.be/DLrbiKXNcFo

5. Some of the songs on his latest album are really amazing. There's something about him which is very captivating - he comes off as a very cool guy.

6. I have two VIP tickets for the London O2 show in September and unfortunately can't make it there. So if anyone is interested in buying them (I'd be willing to give them away cheaper), PM me.

(Sorry mods if this is too off topic or somehow not allowed by forum rules - if so just delete the post.)

7. I thought this might have been bumped...or maybe I'm the only person who went to the Gateshead show tonight?!

Because I'm terrible at remembering, I can only tell you that he played the following songs in some sort of order;

To the Moon and Back
    Truely, Madly, Deeply
    Affirmation
    The Animal Song
    I don't know you Anymore
    So Beautiful

Insatiable

I Like the Way
    Pop!ular

Casey
    The Only One

The Siren's Call
    Nearly Love
    Stupid Mistake
    God Walking into the Room

I'll confess I'm not 100% sure on this list, but I can't find another one online

8. I went too! I loved the show, he was on great form, very energetic, in good spirits. I was slightly concerned that when he opened (God Walking Into The Room) that no one was standing, but when he followed up with I Like The Way started everyone shot to their feet, thankfully. I'm over the moon he performed Hot Tub Blues, but I think he perhaps seemed to lose some of the audience with it, it doesn't seem to be for everyone. Loved the Popular mash up (with When Will I be Famous, and a little Vogue too). Insatiable, Casey, so many highlights for me. My only negative is the lack of Talk Talk Talk, I was really looking forward to hearing that live for my first time, as I didn't go to the pre-release tour he did. Gobbled up the signed stuff at the merchandise stand too, they'd sold out of Talk Talk Talk signed though :x.

I really liked The Candle Thieves too (despite that dolphin landing right on my head at one point), bless them nothing seemed to go right for them (I assume that was some kind of confetti stick at the end?), but they were hugely amusing.

9. He didn't do Talk Talk Talk, Bloodstained Heart and Blake Out the Sun? How odd

10. Really? seems a little odd he wouldn't do any of the 3. How was the stage? Love the sound of the Pop!ular mash-up.

11. He did both Black Out The Sun, and Bloodstained Heart (which was AMAZING live!). Just not Talk Talk Talk.

12. When I saw him live earlier this year he did 'Bloodstained Heart' and it was literally breathtaking. Absolutely amazing. I don't see him cutting it from the setlist any time soon.

13. Sorry, I should have pointed out that my list wasn't comprehensive! I was surprised (and disappointed) at the lack of 'Talk, Talk, Talk'. But it was a really good show, he was energetic and engaged, but then he's known for putting on a good show.

I will say he attracts a very odd crowd.

14. What sort of crowd does he attract? I'm 26 and I've loved him since "I Want You". I never understood why it all ended as soon as he went solo, I think he should have stayed 'Savage Garden' alone! People don't like buying male solo acts.

15. What a shame Talk Talk Talk was dropped.
    But CASEY!! God Walking Into The Room!!!! I was at the Brisbane show and wished he did those. Lucky for fans who can go this time!

16. Does anybody have the setlist in order?

17. Well there's people about that age - so let's say 25-35 who you'd assume that liked Savage Garden. Then you've got the middle-aged 'Mums'. I can see that the Mums would have loved Savage Gardeh and so bought his solo stuff. But there was quite a lots of older men - maybe in their 60s, and I just couldn't imagine how they got into him. Though I suppose the tickets were relatively cheap, and their are people who'll just go out to see a concert. I don't know, it just seemed a very diverse group compared to other concerts I've been to.

I tried to dig out a proper setlist but noone seems to have put one up. I vaguerly considered noting it at the time, but assumed it would be online somewhere by now!

18. This thread is strangely quiet considering that he's been on tour. I saw him at Manchester's Bridgewater Hall on Friday and although he was great I wasn't all that fussed on the setlist! Too much Savage Garden stuff for me and nothing, not one song from This Delicate Thing which was very annoying. But we did get I Like The Way and Hot Tub Blues which were great to hear. Not sure that the audience knew what to make of Hot Tub Blues though!

I ca'nt find a setlist online either so if anyone does find one I'd appreciate it!

19. The setlist was:

God Walking Into the Room
    I Like the Way
    To the Moon and Back
    Nearly Love
    Cruel Cruel World
    So Beautiful
    Truly Madly Deeply
    The Animal Song
    Black Out the Sun
    Stupid Mistake
    Pop!ular/When Will I Be Famous
    Hot Tub Blues
    I Don't Know You Anymore
    Affirmation
    The Siren's Call

Encore:
    Insatiable/Rhythm Is A Dancer
    Bloodstained Heart

Casey was also performed on the first and last nights but not inbetween.

20. Setlist looks dull apart from the encore.

I saw him on his B-sdies tour in London and it was AMAZING. Not sure this would match up at all as I am very much a Tension/Delicate fan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.