Darren Hayes - Homosexual | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

Darren Hayes - Homosexual

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mrp2910, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Low-key obsessed with the record! I was apprehensive about diving in at first but I love it. It is dense and a lot to take in, yes.I can hear Pet Shop Boys, Prince, George Michael, Depeche Mode influences, with Darren's distinct vocal and songwriting assets. The traumas and internal questionings he tackles feel very relatable. The songwriting gets a little bit awkward at times, but it kind of feels part of the straightforward, yet almost caustic approach of the record? In any case, I think Darren gave us a heartfelt and moving collection of songs.

2. The top 4 of my Spotify wrapped most listened to songs are all Darren this year. It feels correct.

LPT, magictreehouse and blaze_dave like this.
  3. I'm not sure what year I am living in...

Screenshot_20221130_151100_Spotify.jpg

Also I've been staying at my dad's for a few days and I've found all my old postcards the record label used to send. Ones for the first Savage Garden singles. Good Times!

Wishlight, Suasexed, neinzedd and 5 others like this.
  4. Hey Matt, Music Video, Euphoric Equation and Nocturnal Animal have stayed with me the most. Hey Matt most listened song this year.

5. I applaud his honesty.

6. Big respect for not going down the "need some time to finish my next record xx" or "unforseen personal circumstances" excuse. The more artists speak about shows flopping the better it is for the entire industry.

yewchapel, Conan, poshbabyyy and 11 others like this.
  7. What a Star.

I definitely stan the right artists.

8. He performed the new tour mix of Insatiable at the Australian Open a couple days ago.

poshbabyyy and LPT like this.
  9. I don't think it really worked like it should in my mind but good for him!

etienne, poshbabyyy and londonrain like this.
  10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Muffy, sis... the vocals. This choreography clearly doesn't help what is already a very difficult song to sing.

Also, what was the need to mash this up with Patrice Rushen's Forget Me Nots? The two don't really go together.

11. I do too, but he's missing some important facts re. his Aussie tour and American tour.

In Australia, his promoter has booked venues that hold between 8,000 to 12,000.

His American dates are 1,800 capacity for LA, 1,495 capacity for New York, 1,800 for Chicago.

Had he been booked in smaller venues in Australia, things would be different.

12. Tour setlist:

1. Chained to You
    2. Affirmation
    3. The Animal Song
    4. Insatiable
    5. All You Pretty Things
    6. To the Moon & Back
    7. Two Beds and a Coffee Machine
    8. The Power of Good-Bye (Madonna cover)
    9. I Don't Know You Anymore
    10. Poison Blood
    11. I Knew I Loved You
    12. Casey
    13. Do You Remember?
    14. Homosexual (Act One)
    15. Let's Try Being in Love
    16. Pop!ular
    17. Break Me Shake Me
    18. Hey Matt
    19. Dublin Sky
    20. Crash and Burn
    21. Truly Madly Deeply
    22. I Want You
    23. The Best Thing

Daniel L, poshbabyyy and Robert like this.
  13. It’s a lot more SG heavy than I thought it might be. I cannot wait for the London date to get my little homosexual life.

poshbabyyy likes this.
  14. I'm so excited to see him next week in Sydney!

linum likes this.
  15. I Don’t Know You Anymore, Dublin Sky, Casey, Hey Matt and covering one of Madge’s finest?! His taste JUMPED. Bring it ON Darren!!!

16. Holy smoke that set list is amazing.

17. Surprised nothing from Secret Codes made it.

18. Perth last night.

19. No Crush(1980me)?

I’m the only one who likes it?

hownee likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.