Darren Hayes - Homosexual | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Darren Hayes - Homosexual

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mrp2910, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Wonderful new interview.

toby3000, Ezz, MarkB and 5 others like this.
  2. He played a new alternative version of Don’t You Remember? on Insta live, confirmed a European tour is being planned + hopefully 4 US dates in big cities and that he’s playing a special gig in the UK shortly when he goes there for promo. Also confirmed third single with darker sound out soon and double vinyl and standard + deluxe editions of the album dropping at some point.

jtm, mrp2910, Daniel L and 8 others like this.
  3. LPT

LPT

I am crying and shaking. I am in Sydney now and seeing the posters everywhere. Looking forward to all that's to come. Hope he releases some remixes soon!

4. I both appreciate how deliberate the rollout has been so far, and also desperately wish the album release date would be announced, assuming there is one.

poshbabyyy and LPT like this.
  5. jtm

jtm

A few alternative (mostly Australian) versions of the Savage Garden music videos were uploaded to YouTube for the 25 year anniversary.

mrp2910, LPT, poshbabyyy and 3 others like this.
  6. Do you remember sounds like spotlight in parts I think. He was really channelling 86-87 Madonna

LPT and poshbabyyy like this.
  7. Darren’s just said on Instagram live that there’s two mixes of Do You Remember coming, the 1985 Mix and the 12 Inch Extended Mix. Also confirmed no collaborations on the album.

mrp2910, LPT, idratherjack and 6 others like this.
  8. jtm

jtm

Ooh the b side is excellent.

9. Loving Darren's cover of The Look of Love. It's always been one of my favourite Madonna songs, so underrated.

mrp2910, poshbabyyy, LPT and 3 others like this.
  10. He really has done it justice. (Its better than the singles)

11. Is there a new album coming or is this a one-off?

12. Theres an album coming. He said it just about fits on one cd, he had a lot to say. There is a very lovely vinyl in the works too he said. No idea when it’s coming yet though.

mrp2910, jtm, poshbabyyy and 3 others like this.
  13. This extended mix is glorious. That's how you do a real extended mix.

14. Whilst I'm not as much of a fan of this over let's try being in love I adore the attention he is giving each single.

15. Really looking forward to the 1985 version!

I love Darren's commitment to giving us proper old skool 9 minute long 12" mixes, not the current trend for a 3 minute extended mix.

poshbabyyy, etienne, Nephilim and 3 others like this.
  16. Whilst still not really on board with this track (I adore Let's try being in love now) I do love the attention these are being given. 1985 version is much better than the original for me.
    (Just realised I pretty much said the same one post up!!l

Ezz likes this.
  17. Ok.
    I way prefered the 12 inch of Let's Try Being In Love over Do You Remember's.
    Yet this 1985 Version is amazing!

mrp2910 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.