Darren Hayes

mrp2910 said:
I don't recall 2 beds and a coffee machine?? Do you mean I don't know you anymore?

Yeah, sorry! I always get the two mixed up even though I love them both.

themutantsheep said:
Me and my friend turned up really late - didn't expect it to be as heaving as it was!

It was totally rammed, wasn't it!? Me and my friends showed up at about 8:30 cuz one of them was stuck in work, so I'd said I wasn't bothered about getting to the front but we were right at the back. I wasn't arsed cuz I could see enough.

Eryck Happiness said:
mrp2910 said:
I don't recall 2 beds and a coffee machine?? Do you mean I don't know you anymore?

Yeah, sorry! I always get the two mixed up even though I love them both.

At Liverpool the piano actually started with Two Beds as he was sitting in the "mirror" and then went straight in to I Don't Know You Anymore. Beaut part of the show and really won me back after the whatthefuckery of Hot Tub Blues!

Other than that; it was the best career showcase he's ever done in my opion. Very moving and entertaining.

Sweet Music said:
Any ideas what the merchendise was like?

From memory it was all the same image as the album cover, there was one T-shirt, calender and keyrings.

I'm going to his Sydney show in two weeks. Very excited. It'll be my first time seeing Darren live. The Tension and The Spark is my second favourite album of all time so a little disappointed that there's only one song from that era but I'm sure he'll make up for it.

Regarding the merch, there was also a tote bag and I'm sure a set of badges or something. The t-shirts were £15 and the bag £8 if I remember rightly.

So... two and a half days for Europe except UK. It wouldn't hurt to put the previews up there, iTunes.

JakeMagnus said:
So... two and a half days for Europe except UK. It wouldn't hurt to put the previews up there, iTunes.

I know at one point Darren didn't want the previews on iTunes so that people could enjoy the album as a whole. Bit strange now that he released a preview video.

At Liverpool the piano actually started with Two Beds as he was sitting in the "mirror" and then went straight in to I Don't Know You Anymore. Beaut part of the show and really won me back after the whatthefuckery of Hot Tub Blues!

Last night he sung the first two lines of Two Beds as well!

The whole show was AMAZING. It was my first time seeing him and he definitely delivered. Everyone was so confused during Hot Tub Blues but I loved it. I really wish he'd done some songs from This Delicate Thing... but still, it was a great show and his voice is phenomenal.

Despite my reservations, the concert was brilliant. Was slightly disappointed that he removed Strange Relationship but I loved the Billie Jean/Break Me Shake Me + When Will I Be Pop!ular mash ups.

If memory serves me right last nights setlist was

1. Taken by the sea
2. Talk talk talk
3. To the moon and back
4. insatiable
5. Bloodstained heart
6. Don't Give Up
7. the animal song
8. break me shake me
9. Black out the sun
10. stupid mistake
11. popular
12. hot tub blues
13. I don’t know you anymore
14. affirmation
15. crush / spin
16. truly madly deeply

I've seen Darren live quite a few times over the years but never have I seen anything like I did last night. I understand why he ignored the last two albums on this tour because, as much as I love them, they would not have fitted in to the setlist at all. The whole vibe of the show was quite positive so they would have stuck out like a sore thumb (although 'On the verge' would have fitted in well).

It was incredible. From the opening, I was shocked at how theatrical Darren was being as I'm used to him just singing with not much else. The whole 'Popular/Hot tub blues/I don't know you anymore' was not what I expected from a Darren Hayes concert but I loved it completely. And the way he sings his Savage Garden hits with such joy and more importantly like the original recordings sound!

Can't stop gushing over it. My favourite concert of the year definitely!

What do people think of the album? Darren has been my favorite male popstar for years but I have been disappointed with his output in this era. I haven't heard the album but I'm really hoping I'll enjoy it when I buy it next week.

It's a bit of a shame he looks like a homeless person on the posters I see "all" over town. And that he has to resort to a glowing quote of Perez Fucking Hilton.

I thought, what with the major label backing this time around, that he'd get a fair bit of promotion and a bigger push somehow. And then the album was pushed back and it all seems like it's gonna sneak out under the radar. I am looking forward to the album but I almost forgot that I pre-ordered it!

Sweet Music said:
Despite my reservations, the concert was brilliant. Was slightly disappointed that he removed Strange Relationship but I loved the Billie Jean/Break Me Shake Me + When Will I Be Pop!ular mash ups.

If memory serves me right last nights setlist was

1. Taken by the sea
2. Talk talk talk
3. To the moon and back
4. insatiable
5. Bloodstained heart
6. Don't Give Up
7. the animal song
8. break me shake me
9. Black out the sun
10. stupid mistake
11. popular
12. hot tub blues
13. I don’t know you anymore
14. affirmation
15. crush / spin
16. truly madly deeply

Thanks for the setlist, though you missed "17. The Siren's Call"

It was an amazing show! I also was a little surprised that nothing from Delicate Thing was included. Blood Stained Heart was FANTASTIC! Hot Tub Blues was errrr interesting lol x

I noticed that he was miming a few songs, 'Hot tub blues' was understandable and even 'Pop!ular' I guess... but I couldn't understand why he was miming 'The sirens call'.

Dazzle said:
I noticed that he was miming a few songs, 'Hot tub blues' was understandable and even 'Pop!ular' I guess... but I couldn't understand why he was miming 'The sirens call'.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't miming it the other night, but he did mime Taken By The Sea... I suppose because it was the intro and he wanted to do his umbrella dance?... and yeah the electro ones made sense. I was pretty worried when he came out miming the first song though, me and my partner looked at each other like oh God I hope he doesn't mime the whole show.