David Bowie | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

David Bowie

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jan 11, 2016.

1. K94

K94

What the fuck - I'm tearing up and I only really knew his singles. I saw a [rather insensitive] on Digital Spy and someone commented saying they should let him rest in peace and I thought they were taking the piss. R.I.P. The almost unattainable standard for male pop stars.

2. I can't say I'm familiar with his entire discography but there was a time a couple of years ago where I spent a lot of time reading about his career, listening to his albums, etc. just because he was so fascinating.

I can't at some of the hyperboles by the oldies on Sky News though. "No popstar of today would ever take such a risk changing their image constantly". Poor Gaga.

3. This is devastating.

Like a few said, he truly was someone you thought would be immortal.

4. Shit. An undeniable legend of the highest caliber - may his legacy live on forevermore.

5. Absolute legend.

What a badass way to exit the world. Drop your 25th & final album, experimental & critically acclaimed, just days before your death. Even the last song on the album is 'I Can't Give Everything Away'.

That's how you do it. RIP to the one of the most creative, original, forward-thinking artists of our time.

6. Edu

Edu

Can we not? C'mon.

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  7. Oh my God :( I refuse to believe it. He was one of the most interesting, talented, exciting artists of our time, someone I could never tire of. I don't want to think that this is the end of the journey. It just can't be.

8. Tony Visconti
    15 Min ·
    He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way. His death was no different from his life - a work of Art. He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it. He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us. For now, it is appropriate to cry.

9. This is not the fucking time.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  10. It's all making sense now.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  11. K94

K94

Was it widely known that he was battling illness? This seems so out of the blue.

12. Regardless of what you think about him (I personally think that most popstars would look like a piece of crap when compared to Bowie), can't you show a little respect and leave her, 'oldies' and everyone else out of this thread? We've just lost one of our most treasured artists, yet we go 'poor GaGa'. People, have we no shame?

Vyrisus and nostalgiakills like this.
  13. This isn't something I ever thought I'd have to experience. He just always seemed so unattainable and otherwordly. It just doesn't even feel real. Like I legit thought it was a hoax when I saw it on twitter. Gonna go out and buy his new album today and see if I can work up the nerve to listen to it. I am completely and utterly devastated.

14. I don't think so. I'd say knowing he was ill was probably what spurred him on to become more prolific in the last few years.

15. No, I never even heard rumours about cancer. Obviously he got the diagnosis in the mid-2014.

16. FUCKING SHOCKED.

VivaForever likes this.
  17. What an incredible genius. Will we see the likes of him ever again? I can't imagine the label or radio system allowing such unbridled experimentation these days, which is sad.

Bjork is the female equivalent in many ways, but she broke through at a time when pop was less restrictive than it is now.

18. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I hope Angie is told in private in the Big Brother house.

etienne likes this.
  19. From the timeline being released, it seems like he was diagnosed with cancer after releasing The Next Day, which lead him to create the final album, Blackstar.

Incredible how it was all executed so perfectly.

Wishlight and VivaForever like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.