David Guetta - Nothing But The Beat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David Guetta - Nothing But The Beat [August 29th] +Singles

'Titanium' is an absolute beast of a tune! So excited for his album now and praying Britney Spears is on there!!

Matt said:
stuaw said:
The lyrics that are doing the rounds for Titanium on the Internet are hilarious.

"But all your bull is brick of shame" - eh, does that even makes sense? "Brick of shame", really? Have people never heard the word "ricochet" before?

Yes ricochet is a proper word. Holly Vallance also has a song named that.
Haha, yes, I know. That's my point, how can people not know the word ricochet? How can they hear it as "brick of shame"? How can they possibly think that that even remotely makes sense.

To be fair, Sia's pronunciation at some points of this song is diabolical.

jinzo said:
I prefer Where Dem Girls At to Titanium.

*runs out of thread*

You need help. I suggest you listen to the Popjustice Ultimate Compilation once it is complete.

jk-ennedy said:
To be fair, Sia's pronunciation at some points of this song is diabolical.
I have to agree, but it's songs like these that keep me really interested in Guetta

The Chris Brown and Lil Wayne track has leaked and it's also very good!

Yeah I was actually shocked by how good it was the beat is crazy!

RJF said:
jinzo said:
I prefer Where Dem Girls At to Titanium.

*runs out of thread*

You need help. I suggest you listen to the Popjustice Ultimate Compilation once it is complete.
Lets face it if Sia wasn't the one singing this there would not be HALF as much fuss on here. She is barely audible at some parts of the verses. Its so overrated here its crazy. Where them Girls At (bar Flo Rida's verse) is excellent.

I think people would've still raved about the song even if the Sia version never surfaced and it was just the Mary J. Blige person. Yes Sia's voice sounds brilliant on it, but to me the beat is fantastic and deserves just as much recognition as the vocals.

G4L said:
I think people would've still raved about the song even if the Sia version never surfaced and it was just the Mary J. Blige person. Yes Sia's voice sounds brilliant on it, but to me the beat is fantastic and deserves just as much recognition as the vocals.
Ya I agree about the beat its great. But didn't the Mary J Blige version leak ages ago and there was not this much praise about it.

I like I Can Only Imagine! I can tell this album is going to be my guilty pleasure haha

I definitely don't think Sia was overrated on Titanium. I'm not a fan of her in that I've never really listened to any of her stuff, and I was actually shocked by how soulful and powerful her vocal was on Titanium. It was one of those 'instant' moments for that never happened with the Mary J. Blige version. Guetta obviously can spot a good vocal performance barring the disaster called Little Bad Girl...

She / Her

There is nothing overrated about Sia. She is one of the best vocalists around today and any producer would be lucky to get her on a track.

The Chris Brown and Lil Wayne track is amazing. I feel like Guetta may have become self-aware of his monotony and made attempts to innovate a bit on this album? Perhaps?

Sia's voice is very similar to Florence Welch's...especially on the chorus!

I love her voice but her pronunciation is SO frustrating!

I only know of Sia because she wrote some tracks with Aguilera.

Her enunciation is worse than Leona Lewis. Urgh.

For better or for worse that has been Sia's "thing" for a while. I think it worked better when she wasn't doing uptempo music. Now she tends to sound like she downed a fifth before she went into the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.