Dead Or Alive General Discussion | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Dead Or Alive General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Sugaste, Jan 4, 2008.

1. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Come Home With Me Baby is a masterpiece.

I love that he calls Mel & Kim's System - Sister in his book.
    'Everybody's got a sister, SISTEEEEEEER'

2. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Watching I'll Save You All My Kisses now and well I love Victoria Beckham in cycling shorts! Twins.

3. As I already said, the version on Evolution is neither the 7" nor the 12" mix, it's a bespoke edit of The Big Revolver Mix running at 5:15. The actual 7" version ('Hooked On Love [Remix]') can be found on this;

http://www.discogs.com/Dead-Or-Aliv...-It-The-Best-Of-Dead-Or-Alive/release/2507232

ie. 3:38 in length.

4. Thanks a ton for this! I love these forums. This is just a reminder of why!!! thanks once again.

5. Pete Burns is back in the studio with Pete Waterman & Karl Twigg working on new material. Not sure if its just 'Pete Burns' or a Dead Or Alive project but its exciting all the less.

Confirmed here: https://twitter.com/PWLHitFactory

[​IMG]

6. moorje

moorje Guest

I'd be excited but once Pete Burns realises that Pete Waterman won't pay for a limo to take him to the studio, write all of the material AND pay him in cash up front he'll quickly lose interest. Even The Dirty Disco split up after trying to work with him!

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Mutya's mom.

8. My god, I was wondering if anyone was going to mention the amazing similarity.

9. More like Mutya's Bum!

10. Whoa! Interesting news! I want him to do something good, but sadly I have my doubts!

11. @PWEofficial: Quite a week working on brand new material with @PeteBurns2013. Things are cooking up nicely!

Looks like things are actually happening!

12. moorje

moorje Guest

There's a Pete Burns Twitter account? I'm a bit sceptical as he always protests he doesn't know what a PC or mobile phone is.

13. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Pete is writing songs.

14. Pete's manager has confirmed its new Pete / DoA material. Not sure which yet.

15. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I meant 'Pete Waterman is writing songs lol' sorry!

16. moorje

moorje Guest

I hope it's better than what he wrote for Josh Dubovie and The Sheilas

17. Officially very really much excited about this!

and a little bit nervous.

18. Don't be. It's not like there's a chance it will come out! I'm still waiting for that song he was "finishing in the studio" in the documentary he recorded for Living TV. That was 6-7 years ago? Not to mention the "finished" album, Glampire, several sessions that have happened since, the Dirty Disco stuff, the remixes of Never Marry An Icon, or indeed the "rare" Dead Or Alive material that was due out in early 2011. Pete Burns has zero interest in anything. If you've seen him live, he can't wait to get off the stage. It's quite sad really.

19. Indeed It's very sad.

Oh well, at least we have youtube so we can watch clips of how amazing Pete once was.....

.[video=youtube;sP5nsvFYl4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP5nsvFYl4Q[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  20. just discovered a down-tempo track off the "Sophisticated boom boom" album called "Far too hard". Such a great track. Been listening to it on repeat. Between the surgery screwup and general disinterest in music, I feel like Pete Burns/DoA is such a missed opportunity. The demand for them is still very much there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.