Dead Set *Warning, Here Be Spoilers* | The Popjustice Forum

Dead Set *Warning, Here Be Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sifr, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Anyone else just watch this?

Fucking awesome.

And a quick burst of Something Kinda Oooh at one point as well!

EDIT:

EVERYONE WITHOUT E4 (or 4 on Demand, or bittorrent, or psychic Jean Grey like abilities) PLEASE NOTE, THIS THREAD DOES AND WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS. PROBABLY MAJOR ONES.

Thankyou for your kind attention.

2. Re: Dead Set

Loved it!

Am surprised it's being pushed out on DVD already next Monday, if the rest of the episodes are as good as tonights I'll definatly be buying it!

3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Re: Dead Set

I wish they'd show this on proper telly a day behind or so.
    Granted the dvd is out next week but it'd be nice to see it around Halloween.
    Although I'm very squeamish...

I've been keeping up with the trailers and stuff as they brought them out, and it does seem really inventive!

4. Re: Dead Set

It was SO amazing. I couldn't help but smile at how good it was. Davina's death scene is the second most amazing moment in TV this year after the frozen donkey wheel moment in the Lost finale!

5. Re: Dead Set

That was excellent. The only thing I didn't like was the over-the-top cuntiness of the director. He stuck out like a sore thumb seeing as everything else, zombies included (if that makes sense), was done so believably. I imagine that's because every horror needs a character whose death you really enjoy...but I just think he could have been less panto and still been a believable twat.

Other than that, can't complain.

Can't fucking believe they aped the fire extinguisher scene from Irreversible! Mental. Be interested to see how they keep the pace up over 5 episodes.

Jaime Winstone was very good too.

6. Re: Dead Set

basically shit.

7. Re: Dead Set

Spot on - that sequence was incredibly well put together. And someone finally found a way to make Mika seem halfway impressive as well!

I only hope the rest is as good as this!

EDIT: You might be right on the over-topness Weezer, but I've met people who are similarly cuntish at an amateur theatre level, so I can well imagine someone like that at a higher level

8. Re: Dead Set

Thought it was really rather brilliant.

I really enjoyed it!

I hope we see more Davina in the coming episodes, She was fantastic in fact everybody was really.

Hope the rest of the series is as good as this.

9. Re: Dead Set

I watched this muted in a bar tonight, and even then it was pretty awesome.Love Davina's zombie eyes.

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

11. Re: Dead Set

To be honest I thought Davina was pretty flat and boring on this years actual Big Brother, but as a zombie she was fucking brilliant - especially the death scene! *bumps head on water cooler*

12. Re: Dead Set

Maybe u should put *contains spoilers* in your thread topic so we can continue discussing it this week without spoiling it for anybody.

13. Suggestion cheerfully noted and carried out. I did think about it last night after I'd logged off actually.

14. Hmmm well I just told my boss in great detail all about it because he forgot to watch it, and then at the end I said 'by the way i think it's out on DVD next week but i've just ruined it for you, sorry'.

So i'm really not one to talk. Or rather I am. Or something.

15. Loved it - one of the best things I've seen on TV in ages.

For some reason I thought it would be funnier though, in a Shaun of the Dead kind of way. It was actually more straight-up horror than comedy (although there were some funny moments, not lease Davina's zombification!).

16. Well blow me down, the second episode DID keep up the pace. This programme is such a treat!

17. Indeed! I didn't realise it was only 30 mins now, so there shouldn't be any dawdling.

It is quite sparse as well, only cutting between three situations. I also appreciate that no-one seems to be a twat so far. Yes, the producer is an asshole and the evicted chick - Pippa, right? - is annoying, though I liked her challenging him on mobile tech, but I mean "twat" in horror terms of "completely ignoring everything the heroine says". The BB contestants are taking it very well, all considered.

And Kevin Eldon acting in a straight role for a change! Class.

18. I'm almost tempted to stop watching and get it on DVD so I can see it as a whole with no adverts.

19. That thought crossed my mind too, but I'm having a shit week so far and it's literally the only good part of my day (aside from The Daily Show) so I'll probably stick with it.

20. I've just realised that if it's out on Monday that means it's out in Friday in Ireland so techinically you could watch the finale Friday morning if you bought the DVD here. Still I'm enjoying following this. I do wonder if this every night for a week format is going to cost it viewers but I suppose it aids to the frantic sense of the show. I'm really impressed by it so far. It is incredibly tense and creepy, like a sharper British take on the Dawn of the Dead remake. The production values are top notch too.

here is the link for the DVD for those interested : http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/55/70/-/6059447/Dead-Set/Product.html?searchtype=genre

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.