Dear Evan Hansen (2021) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Dear Evan Hansen (2021)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by ~Paul~, Aug 27, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

2. I don’t even know what I’m looking at.

SloMover likes this.
  3. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Dd not me just learning that this musical isn't about a gay teen.

4. Gonna tell my kids this is MUNA.

5. Where are these comments from? Hehehe.

Andrew likes this.
  6. [​IMG]
    Real Housewives Of Salt Lake City

Remorque, rubirubi and boombazookajoe like this.
    Andrew likes this.
  8. I don't know whether to like or report

rubirubi likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

10. My husband and I went to see this last night even though neither of us really wanted to. Twenty minutes in, the couple sitting behind us left. A short time later, a group of teenagers left. An hour into it, we couldn't take any more and had to leave.

There were six people left in the theater when we walked out the door. In Los Angeles. On opening night. Yikes.

The whole thing just felt...offensive. And gross.

11. [​IMG]

12. What a treat.

Was it the moment when the suicide victim begins performing a full choreographed number that did it?

13. And Bingo was his name-o.

Floppie, matthew. and lushLuck like this.
  14. I have no desire to watch this (sorry but even Amy couldn't lure me in) but at least the music is good. Amy sounds lovely on her song and I give Ben credit for his voice.

15. The horrendous reviews are making me curious about this because I love musicals and I love mess.

Question, if the story was so problematic how did the stage version win so many Tonys?

16. Because the Tonys are a mess and Equity is a mess ddddd.

heavymetalGAGA, 4Roses, R92 and 7 others like this.
  17. I'd definitely say a lot of this is down to the polar opposite depictions of Evan.

I've absolutely no idea what Ben was going for here, it's almost predatorial. There's not an ounce of likeability for him in the movie. It's really gross.

But there's also stuff with Evan's mum that is handled differently. They cut her character down a lot and it's a shame.

There's a couple of songs they didn't include which do some heavy lifting to set a few story beats too.

The movie is just a different beast. I can kind of see why it won the awards, and I do truly believe that Ben deserved his. But this movie deserves no awards.

18. Wait does this really happen. I love a messy Hollywood failure.

Steve003 and lushLuck like this.
  19. I've always wondered why the hell it was successful on Broadway to begin with...I mean the plot has always been a problematic fucking mess with shit songs to boot?

Give the people what they really want and that would be a film version of the Legally Blonde Broadway musical.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.