Decade In An Album: K-Pop's Favourite B-Sides | WINNER! | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Decade In An Album: K-Pop's Favourite B-Sides | WINNER!

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Serg., Feb 17, 2020.

YESEO - What Is A Yogic Flying?

Year: 2018
    Album: Damn Rules
    Artist Appearance: 1

~~~~~

After School - Dilly Dally

Year: 2012
    Album: Lady Luck / Dilly Dally
    Artist Appearance: 6

_hazzie_, soratami, clowezra and 23 others like this.

TWICE - Wow

Year: 2017
    Album: twicetagram
    Artist Appearance: 12

~~~~~

T-ara - I Know The Feeling

Year: 2013
    Album: Again
    Artist Appearance: 6

3. 19 points recap

SHINee - Romance
    Pristin V - Spotlight
    SHINee - Symptoms
    SHINee - Stranger
    CLC - Depression
    TWICE - WOW
    T-ara - I Know The Feeling
    After School - Dilly Dally
    YESEO - What Is A Yogic Flying?

soratami, clowezra, junkos and 21 others like this.
  4. From 20 points on we move on to single elimination post. Now the real competition starts.

Only 4 people were the single voters for their 20 points! From now on the ties will be broken by number of voters then higher highest vote and higher lowest vote! xx

5. My dear Infinite, I tried...LOL. I knew no songs would make the top 100 but I am pleasantly surprised that Zero got a second vote besides myself so a special thanks to the great taste of @aux While I know they are passed their prime and will never be a forum favorite, or be remembered the way SHINee or EXO will be, if it wasn't for Infinite (and EXID) grabbing my attention because YouTube auto played this video,
    , my KPOP journey would have ended after a few weeks as I had already played out what few songs Blackpink had and was running out of tv show appearances they did (why I was watching Weekly Idol). While they are without a doubt my ultimate group, the one thing Woolim did right by them was picking the right title tracks as they are the only group I like where my top 10 favorite songs are all title tracks and no b-sides. Everything is on Spotify guys...take the journey. And yes, I am one of those 4 souls with the solo 20 point song...LOL

6. Now that some of my precious picks fell, I'm left with only a handful of songs left. Sniff.

soratami, vague, Vixen and 2 others like this.
  7. He

He

Oh, I knew my 19-pointer would be out soon.

Shout out to Boram's vocals.

8. Sadly their first EP isn't available for me so I can't listen to Comeback Again (best boy group debut tbh), BTD and She's Back. Masterpiece that is The Chaser is still a regular listen for me daily.

Also cheers for our great taste @nikkysan (& @Island for Havana) xx

nikkysan, vague, ysev and 3 others like this.

[​IMG]
    TWICE - Next Page

Year: 2016
    Album: TWICEcoaster: Lane1
    Artist Appearance: 13

10. Double A-Sides are bsides now?

_hazzie_, evilsin, RUNAWAY and 6 others like this.

[​IMG]
    BoA - Not Over U

Year: 2012
    Album: Only One
    Artist Appearance: 7

12. That was like my second or third BoA choice before I settled for my actual pick. One of her best songs periodt.

evilsin, lalaclairi_, vague and 2 others like this.
  13. I’m sure I’ve said this before, but the quality music + swift pace of this countdown is so appreciated. Truly a balm for the world we’re living in. Thank you @Serg. xx

14. Love seeing the HA:TFELT rep on the last pages. The taste!

evilsin, Crisp X, vague and 3 others like this.
  15. Thinking of doing a top 100 Spotify playlist if anyone's interested.

Rem, Serg., nikkysan and 7 others like this.
  16. The Chaser, BTD, and Last Romeo are some of my all time favorite Kpop songs! I’ve never taken the time to listen to their b-sides, though.

17. Dddd, it didn't have a music video though and wasn't promoted aside from being used in some commercials. Never understood why some Japanese labels would brand a single a double A-side and not treat the second song the same way as the first one.

vague and Serg. like this.

[​IMG]
    2NE1 - Good To You

Year: 2014
    Album: Crush
    Artist Appearance: 3

[​IMG]
    EXID - Like The Seasons

Year: 2016
    Album: Street
    Artist Appearance: 8

20. Well here it is...my 20 points song. I honestly...I honestly can't tell you why this is not only my favorite EXID bside, but it currently is my most played EXID song of their discography. Maybe it was because of where I was mentally and emotionally when I discovered KPOP (I've shared that before) but the first time I heard it, obviously without knowing what they were saying, I cried. Nobody that casual listens to the group besides the singles would ever think they would have a song like this. We're not even going to talk about the OT4 beginning to sing the song and then the lights going out and Solji appears from the back of the audience to surprise them. They were crying, the audience was crying, I was crying...shame there isn't a super high quality of it live, Solji and Hani together in the second half of the chorus is beautiful. So...whether you call if Like The Seasons or Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring---this song will always be one of the best gifts KPOP has given me and I hope those of you who have never heard it enjoy.

Newbie Four, soratami, Wills and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.