December + Best of 2018 PJ Charts: And Your #1 Song of 2018 is.... | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

December + Best of 2018 PJ Charts: And Your #1 Song of 2018 is....

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Dec 5, 2018.

1. @pop3blow2 has me listening to this EP by Maisie Peters. November release, but let's make it December.

pop3blow2 likes this.
  2. Basically me reading your post:

giphy-5.gif

giphy-8.gif

Maisie is one of my favorite discoveries of the year. I can't promise I just didn't watch her YouTube videos for over an hour today while working. I'd love to see her chart, here!

GimmeWork and ohnostalgia like this.
  3. I just tried to put together a year-end albums list and ended up creating a top seventy.

No wonder Spotify tells me I’ve listened to over 66,000 hours minutes of music this year.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    vague, Island, saviodxl and 3 others like this.
  4. I split my listening pretty evenly between Apple Music and Spotify so I don't have reliable data on listening time. I'm pretty sure a good third of my plays from both platforms never made it to last.fm either.

vague, Island and londonrain like this.
  5. Are you sure? There are only 8760 hours in a years, hun.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  6. I meant minutes, not hours ddd. (It’s just under 1107 hours.)

vague, Island, ohnostalgia and 2 others like this.
  7. ATTENTION LITTLE FLICKERS

THE CHANCE IS HERE TO PUT RINA SAWAYAMA'S LATEST OPUS, FLICKER, INTO THE TOP 5

DON'T FUCK IT UP OR DEMI LOVATO MIGHT FLICK YOUR...
    [​IMG]

vague, GimmeWork, Island and 10 others like this.
  8. I've actually bought most of my top ten albums of the year on CD, so Spotify isn't completely accurate about my listening habits either, but I was surprised to learn that I've listened to Spotify 30% more than I did last year. Popjustice ha impact.

9. I need Little KIDonsters to not forget them in their 2018 lists!

And for those who somehow missed this modern classic:

10. [​IMG]

Consider me voting for The Distance again!

vague, Island, GimmeWork and 3 others like this.
  11. I do not think I have the time for this. I am too caught up in rates and Christmas music plus my personal faves of the year. So maybe for January?

londonrain likes this.
  12. Okay... as long as you’re voting for Tamia’s album in your year-end faves xxx

13. It isn't likely I am sorry... (or is it top 20?). But Sex and Cigarettes, Caution, Electric Café definitely (top 10), so we still have overlap if you are voting for them too.

londonrain likes this.
  14. I’ll take that.

My year-end R&B selection will almost certainly include all those, plus Nyla, Language and Dirty Computer.

(Nyla has just been blocked on Spotify UK barring the singles. Marsha, sis, wyd?)

15. Oh no. Marsha, indeed why? I feel like NYLA is the better album compared to Passion Like Fire, but Tamia did bring out one of the best songs of the year with Leave it Smokin'. And also I Do is holding up well.

Poor Mýa is however completely washed over by all these stellar releases and probably will only make my 'disappointment list of the year', but in a weaker R&B year she could have gotten more attention and more chance for the songs to grow on me.

londonrain likes this.
  16. Same here. Mya’s album paled in comparison and I ended up not going back to it at all when there were so many other legends bringing their A-game this year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.