December + Best of 2018 PJ Charts: And Your #1 Song of 2018 is.... | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

December + Best of 2018 PJ Charts: And Your #1 Song of 2018 is....

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Dec 5, 2018.

1. I just really want the 2018 charts to reflect this year and I don’t feel like leaks of songs written years ago would accomplish that.

constantino, vague, Island and 9 others like this.
  2. More than fair (although for an MKS/Sugababes stan like myself, that is my year's highlight for sure - it's a victoryyyyy!)

3. "I deserve this!!!" - Mutya Buena

4. [​IMG]

For your consideration.​

constantino, D_ni, vague and 6 others like this.
  5. 2018 Number Ones

ALBUMS
    [​IMG]

SONGS
    [​IMG]

Kuhleezi, constantino, vague and 16 others like this.
  6. let's all vote for this:

D_ni, vague, CasuallyCrazed and 2 others like this.
  7. N. O.

Kuhleezi, constantino, vague and 5 others like this.
  8. YES! Absolutely!

We're gonna need all the Britney fans to vote for this!

Sanctuary, GimmeWork and ohnostalgia like this.
  9. JANUARY
    For the sake of my sanity slash organization, I'm posting my fave music when it was released, not when I discovered it. I don't really have a particular order here, I'm just going to ramble. I was originally going to post albums and songs together but that doesn't seem feasible. So here's Part 1.

ALBUMS

M A N I A | FALL OUT BOY
    Released Jan 19, 2018
    I love Fall Out Boy and I am not ashamed. They are my third most played artist behind Taylor Swift (1) and Tegan & Sara (2). Sadly, the roll out for their third post-hiatus album was a goddamn mess. They started out strong with the massive Young & Menace (from which I pulled my "Oops I did it again, I forgot what I was losing my mind about" status), released a few other cute tracks, and then postponed the album release date by five months because they weren't happy with the material. Actually, I went and saw Fall Out Boy on the M A N I A tour before the album was even released (shout out to @R92 who went with me)! M A N I A is definitely not as strong as Save Rock and Roll or American Beauty/American Psycho, but it's a fun slice of pop-rock. Unfortunately, many of the songs I'd FYC were released in 2017, but of the new 2018 tracks my pick is Wilson (Expensive Mistakes). "I'll stop wearing black when they make a darker colour."

RUINS | FIRST AID KIT
    Released Jan 19, 2018
    Give me some folk-pop and I'll devour it like ice cream at the buffet. It boggles my mind that a Swedish duo releases more competent folk music than many of their American counterparts, but maybe that's part of the magic. A new perspective on an old genre. As with M A N I A, the standout track I'd FYC - Fireworks - received a 2017 release. So I will recommend Rebel Heart and To Live A Life instead.

POET ARTIST | JONGHYUN
    Released Jan 23, 2018
    If you're not a K-Pop unnie you may have wondered once or twice why I sometimes write Rest in Peace Jonghyun underneath certain SHINee, Taemin, or Key songs. Last December Jonghyun tragically took his own life, sending shockwaves throughout the K-Pop community. Jonghyun was such a special person. Besides his immense musical talent, he was a kind, genuine soul. He supported the LGBT community, openly talked about his mental illness, and learned from his fans about sexism and misogyny. All while under the immense pressure cooker that is the Korean Music Industry. Jonghyun was working on Poet | Artist before his death and it's just overwhelming to think of what the world lost. FYCs: Shinin', Sightseeing, and Before Our Spring.

AUTOPILOTE | MAI LAN
    Released Jan 23, 2018
    I believe @Island introduced me to Autopilote. If I had to describe Mai Lan's music I'd use two words: delightfully weird. If you want fun, you'll find it here. When I first heard Nail Polish I was hooked (unfortunately it was also released on a 2017 EP so it's ineligible). So my #1 FYC is Dial My Number.

EARTHTONES | BAHAMAS
    Released January 19, 2018
    Bahamas is a Canadian singer-songwriter, who while not prominent, is well known within my country's indie scene. On this release Bahamas leant into rock with some seventies elements, and I loved it. I don't expect that most of you will be interested in this album, but I had to write about it because of the masterful track No Depression. "Most folks think I'm fine, but the truth is I'm subprime. I've got depression." Bad Boys Need Love To is another favourite.

AND THE REST
    01 by Ashmute
    2640 by Francesca Michielin
    Ephorize by CupcakKe
    Faces of Love by Suzy
    Hurtin Me by Stefflon Don
    GREAT! by Momoland
    Offset by Chungha
    Perfect Red Velvet by Red Velvet
    Secret Garden by OH MY GIRL
    The House by Porches
    To Heart by fromis_9

PJ Chart Fam, what were your favourite (RELEASED IN) January albums and EPs?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  10. Shook at you stanning Suzy. What an icon.

vague, Slice of Life and ohnostalgia like this.
  11. Bit of a letdown at the time because all the really good stuff was released beforehand, but this was pretty solid:

And I played this twice in one weekend and never again but it has some fun bops I still use:

12. Autopilote definitely was the one in January!

Island, ohnostalgia and berserkboi like this.
  13. I should probably just whisper what one of my fave January albums was & move on. I know she's a bit of an acquired taste on PJ, so I'm prepared for the draggings.

2018-12-13 14_18_25.gif

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Riiiiiiiii and Sprockrooster like this.
  14. I can confirm her absence from my post was completely intentional.

Kuhleezi, vague, Island and 5 others like this.
  15. Christ, I saw the thumbnail and thought it was Lolly.

Island and londonrain like this.
  16. 2018-12-13 16_21_36.gif

To be honest, while I have a soft spot for 5H (followed them since Xfactor) & would like to them all do well in their solo stuff... I did sorta burn though Camila's album pretty fast. It didn't completely hold up over the course of the year, but there's a few solid tracks on there.

Oh, Cams... good luck out there.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  17. Craig David’s album was definitely my favourite of the January releases. Focus remains a huge bop.

ohnostalgia and OspreyQueen like this.
  18. True.

19. Everyone should listen to Autopilote.

Read my review on it:

Kuhleezi, ohnostalgia and Riiiiiiiii like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.