Deleting / merging threads | The Popjustice Forum

Deleting / merging threads

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by Tribal Spaceman, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Can we have a general rule that whenever someone creates a new thread similar to one which already exists, that the two of them are merged, instead of the new one being locked and all discussion thereby halted?

I think this would serve the forum far better than the current system, especially with Off Topic returning like a Phoenix from the flames. There's going to be a lot of people repeating themselves for a while.

Thanks.

2. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

There is no "current system", it's just dependent on the situation. As there's only really me doing any of this stuff these days, it's fine for people to PM me with any merge requests too.

Cheers.

3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

@Epic Chocolat I’ll take a look at the charts and rates ones. I’ve thought for a while that we probably have three threads for every topic.

4. berserkboi and ohnostalgia like this.
  5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Epic Chocolat and berserkboi like this.
  6. berserkboi likes this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I’ll take a look. It may be that I merge the threads and then after the topic dies down in P&j I move it all to the Charts & Rates forum.

Any P&J mods want to weigh in?

9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Vasilios and Epic Chocolat like this.
  10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Thanks @Epic Chocolat . I didn’t see your first post, but I’ll check them out after work and see what I can merge.

11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

12. berserkboi and Epic Chocolat like this.
  13. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Done!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.