Delphic - Acolyte | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Delphic - Acolyte

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sushimuffin, Dec 26, 2009.

1. I really like it but it takes about 15 seconds too long to get going.

2. This is great. Sounds like a natural progression from the debut, which indeed feels like forever ago.

3. Baiya video:

[video=youtube;MUrP6aHfuIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUrP6aHfuIs[/video]

4. Absolutely love the song.!.. the video, for all its try-hardness is a real non-event though...

5. I work with the girl who that song was written about! She's going out with James.

6. Finally! I was wondering what happened to them only the other day.

7. Love Baiya. It's been on repeat!

8. RJF

RJF

The new album is really, really good. I love that they traded in the rather tedious gloss of the first album for something that's a little more quirky and vibrant. "Baiya" and "The Sun Also Rises" are my highlights so far, but it just feels so much more alive than Acolyte ever did. That said, I'm not sure if massive fans of the first second will like this. It's a little more indie than pop.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  9. I didn't even realise their second album was out today.

I'll download that later and give it a whirl, I loved the first album.

10. RJF

RJF

Well, it's out next week, but still...

11. It's not released until the 28th Jan I thought....

12. Oh.

Well then I won't be downloading it later!

13. I love the new album. Well done Delphic.

Also, I intensely hate people who whine about not getting Acolyte #2. Really hate them.

14. I can't help but feel disappointed, I'll still follow them though.

I'm loving Atlas, Tears Before Bedtime and Don't Let The Dreamers Take You Away. I really don't like The Sun Also Rises, sounds like it was created in mind for Match of the Day, bleugh.

15. I'm listening to the album as we speak.

It's not bad. Actually, I might end up liking it very much with more listens. But the main issue here is that it doesn't sound like a Delphic's album.

16. So a new (mini) album has surfaced called Get Familiar ...

I've only listened to the iTunes clips but again it seems to have nowhere near the edginess or energy of their debut ...

A couple of tracks sound as though Little Boots had produced a Hot Chip record (which although holds a certain irony, gives an idea of the ground we are (re)treading here) ...

It will be worth a full listen but I'm not overly excited about it all ...

17. Thread resurrection alert. There are now at least two side projects, The Six (they've written a Bebeh Rexha + some ex boy band dude song) and another. I forget the name of the other side project. They're not officially broken up though, confusingly. Their last released work was the lovely Get Familiar EP in 2014.

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

So good! Their debut was nice enough.

19. I still think of Delphic as new music! Loved "Acolyte" and all the singles. Can't believe it's a whole decade ago.

20. Pity the follow-up was complete tosh though.

IceflamePhoenix likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.