Delta Goodrem - Delta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some mad lyrics will be coming with this album. Apparently there's a song called "One Day" and 2 lines of the lyrics are:


"One day I'll learn some Japanese
One day I'll learn to play guitar."

Also Delta has said in a web chat that the UK will be getting new material at the beginning of 2008 and we should have a tour after the Australian one has finished (August). WOO At long last!
 
Knightr634 said:
Also Delta has said in a web chat that the UK will be getting new material at the beginning of 2008 and we should have a tour after the Australian one has finished (August). WOO At long last!

Those lyrics sound dreadful... but moving on to that comment I had the feeling that would happen with the much-hyped Believe Again as the first single here (hopefully with a better video that her sitting in a chair).
 
I don't know - i'd really like In This Life to be the first single in the UK. Though i guess lyrically, the Aussies get it more
 
He/Him/His
Knightr634 said:
Also Delta has said in a web chat that the UK will be getting new material at the beginning of 2008 and we should have a tour after the Australian one has finished (August). WOO At long last!
Yeah she said that to me in the webchat on the forum, good news, but she has been saying for many years now that she plans to tour the UK so I won't take that for gospel!
It's funny though, I'm in Oz for the album release here and then in UK for the album release there. Fun times!
 
In This Life has made it to #1 in the Australian charts and has gone Gold which means its sold over 35,000 copies in its 1st week!!!!

Put that into persepective - a #1 song here in the UK usually sells that much and thats with over 3 times as more people living in the UK then Australia. Shows how much the Aussies love her!

Also - this is Delta's 8th #1 in Australia. She is 1 #1 behind Kylie and 2 behind Madonna!

Delta's Australian #1s

Born To Try
Lost Without You
Innocent Eyes
Not Me, Not I
Predictable
Out of the Blue
Almost Here
In This Life
 
That's great for Delta. I could never understand why Mistaken Identity charted so much lower than all her other singles. I can see why A Little Too Late did, because it's a bit naff, but Mistaken Identity was a strong song. Really epic and great lyrics. No.2 or No.3 maybe, but No.7 seems a bit crazy...
 
I think it may have been that she did no promo for the single cos she was here in the uk promoting Almost Here. They were out withink a couple of weeks of each other so its possibly the reason.

And the album was already out so Aussies just brought the album instead
 
Ah I see. I never knew that. So she's had all No.1's apart from Mistaken Identity and A Little Too Late? She should have released The Analyst and that live version of Last Night On Earth instead of those two. Much better.
 
Knightr634 said:
In This Life has made it to #1 in the Australian charts and has gone Gold which means its sold over 35,000 copies in its 1st week!!!!

Shipped, not sold. Certifications are based on copies shipped to stores.

In a recent interview, Delta is claiming "Believe Again" to be her "Confide In Me"/"Frozen", a mid-tempo dance song with swirling synths and Massive Attack-strings.

Sounds interesting ?

We can only hope - anything to save us from the usual uptempo/slower ballad cycle. "In This Life" falls into the former.
 
cleggar said:
Ah I see. I never knew that. So she's had all No.1's apart from Mistaken Identity and A Little Too Late? She should have released The Analyst and that live version of Last Night On Earth instead of those two. Much better.

And Together We Are one - got to #2 and I Don't Care which was #64 in 2001
 
Mine arrived today as well. I wonder if the Royal Mail knew what was happening when a load of packages come through from Australia
 
bunxer2 said:
cleggar said:
My single came from Australia this morning. It's lovely. And what a rather pointless sticker...

What's the sticker say?
Nothing. It's just a 12x12 photo of her from the In This Life video. But it's not a good picture...and it's too big...
 
Re: Delta Goodrem - In This Life and "Delta" tracklisting

Tracklisting announced:

1)believe again
(2)in this life
(3)possessionless
(4)god laughs
(5)you will only break my heart
(6)the guardian
(7)bare hands
(8)woman
(9)i can't break it to my heart
(10)brave face
(11)one day
(12)angels in the room
 
Re: Delta Goodrem - In This Life and "Delta" tracklisting

Knightr634 said:
Tracklisting announced:

1)believe again
(2)in this life
(3)possessionless
(4)god laughs
(5)you will only break my heart
(6)the guardian
(7)bare hands
(8)woman
(9)i can't break it to my heart
(10)brave face
(11)one day
(12)angels in the room
I'm delighted we're finally hearing Possessionless, thought apparently it has now been tweaked with additional writing from Brian. Do we have the artwork yet?
 
this was posted on her official forum as the album cover

http://i23.tinypic.com/eld1j7.jpg

however theres been a post by admin banning all topis/link/and sigs containing it from the forum until monday so dont know wats going on there

love the picture on the cover, but not so sure about the font theyve used, seems to follow on from the video in a "this is me" type of feel to it tho
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top