Delta Goodrem - General Discussion | Page 151 | The Popjustice Forum

Delta Goodrem - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by neonknives, Jan 21, 2008.

1. What is the difference in ‘brand perception’ between her & Kylie in Australia?

In what way do Australians perceive them as separate entities?

2. Australia likes to think that Kylie thinks she's too good for us, so when she does visit Australia they make a big hubbub about it like "Oh look, the British traitor has finally graced us with her presence". And then she stays here for longer than 2 days and Australia is obsessed with her again and reporting on every single thing she's doing while here.

After The Voice, Delta has got Australia split. 1/3 of the country are viciously supportive of her and very protective. The other 1/3 are disgustingly misogynistic, despise her and are all too willing to believe any rag that makes up a nasty rumour about her. Then the last third are swayed either way. If she does something "annoying" on The Voice, they will join the hater team, if she releases a bop like Wings, they will join the supporters.

snoho, dodoriazarbon, tj-x and 5 others like this.
  3. I got the impression that Delta used to be a media darling but at some point they all decided to turn on her and attack for everything she did a la the current media with Taylor.

4. Yeah, when she started dating Brian everything went to shit. Australia was all too happy to start calling her a scarlet woman and home wrecker. Then when DELTA dropped she wasn't dressing like an old lady anymore so the media was like "WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR INNOCENT LITTLE DELTA?!" even though she was like 24 by that point.

tj-x and biffy77 like this.
  5. Has Kerry Katona ever been on an Aus. TV Promo Tour promoting Anything, ever?

6. It was the UK media that called her a home wrecker which literally stopped her UK career. Australia latched onto it in interviews.

biffy77 and BEST FICTION like this.
  7. Definitely not, most Aussies had no idea who she was. Australia just has the worst case of tall poppy syndrome I've ever seen. Delta started making headlines for dating people (like Mark Philippoussis & Brian McFadden) and the media just soured on her. They realised they got more hits for trashing her than they did for supporting her.

londonrain and Joanie like this.
  8. I’m hearing a new album around June and also a Newton-John covers album. Stay tuned.

Chris Lala, andru, Knightr634 and 2 others like this.
  9. New music teased by our queen on insta this morning. Seems like it’s coming soon.

Sounds different and I’m ready.

Matty_up, londonrain, Island and 2 others like this.
  10. And here's the link - looks like she's gone brunette:

11. Omg new music and it hasn't even been 2 years yet...

What's up with her?!

Mikal, londonrain, biffy77 and 4 others like this.
  12. New Delta is always welcome. This is such a quick turnaround for her.

andru and Txetxu like this.
  13. We need new Delta music now! "Wings" seems like a millenium ago.

biffy77 and andru like this.
  14. Wings was such a moment for me, I’m more than here for new music.

As well as a public apology for paying dust to Feline.

londonrain, Chris Lala and andru like this.
  15. She's been working with Andreas Carlsson (Born To Make You Happy, I Want It That Way, Waking Up In Vegas):

16. Excited at the prospect of new music so soon after Wings of the Wild!

Robert likes this.
  17. How exciting!
    Maybe we will get the Wings of the Wild Tour DVD soon as well?!

18. It’ll just be a single and then she’ll fuck off for another two years.

Rob, Mikal, marie_05 and 2 others like this.
  19. I assume she filmed it then? I'd love a new DVD from her - my Delta one is incredibly overplayed.

Chris Lala likes this.
  20. BTG

BTG

I mean, yas, new music but also the possibility of Delta covering Olivia's Twist of Fate? Scalp me.

Chris Lala likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.